“Experience of a lifetime!”

Scuba Dave - Day Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: We work on, live & love the reef. As professional divers, we specialise in privately guided dive trips on the Great Barrier Reef. We run a PADI Dive Centre in Port Douglas offering Introductory Diving, Open Water Courses, Advanced Training and Specialty Certifications. Why not earn your PADI DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) specialty certification whilst seeing parts of the reef other divers cannot get to. Call into our store for snorkelling & scuba gear, our own range of Scuba Diver merchandise - show the world you're a diver! We want you to get the absolute most out of your Great Barrier Reef experience. At ScubaDave we listen to all that you expect from your day and offer impartial advice and a selection of options. Contact us today to make your stay in Port Douglas the trip of a lifetime.
Whitby, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in Australia and 9 days in New Zealand seeing and doing some amazing things, but diving with Scuba Dave was by far the highlight of our trip. Right from our first communication with Katie, we knew this was a professionally run shop. She was very kind, patient, and extremely helpful while we sorted out the details of our diving trip. We decided to complete our Open Water certification with Scuba Dave, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Dave was an amazing instructor, creating a comfortable and fun learning environment for us as we completed our skills to be certified. He not only was extremely knowledgeable about diving, but also about the Reefs and the fish that inhabit the area. He kept us away from larger groups of divers so we felt like we were the only ones there and showed us all sorts of amazing sea life. On top of all the incredible dives we had with Dave, Katie worked hard to help us organize the rest of our time in Port Douglas, booking us on a tour to visit the Daintree Rainforest and a lovely dinner in town. She went above and beyond to help us out, and we really appreciated her taking the time to make our entire experience in Port Douglas so amazing!

Dave and Katie are an incredible team! They are both genuine, kind, knowledgeable and just really great people! We can't wait to go back and dive with them again...and are looking forward to getting our hands on those DPV's! - Steve and Sarah

1 Thank srace79

Drysdale, Victoria, Australia
“Brilliant In every way!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had the most amazing time doing my Open Water dive course with Dave & Katie from (Scuba Dave) In tropical Paradise! I could not have asked for a more capable & knowledgeable dive instructor & the location was just perfect. Throughout the 3 day course Dave guided me every step of the way & no question was too silly to ask. His professionalism was second to none. I felt completely informed & save every step of the way. We had the privilege of seeing some awesome sights & had an amazing experience out on the Great Barrier Reef learning how to dive. I could not recommend diving in this location enough & the only guide to go with is SCUBA DAVE!! They have the best guide & the best dive advice & equipment to go with it! Thanks Again for a great time Dave & Katie, I will definitely be back to do more courses as soon as I can. Kindest Regards Andrew H

Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very helpful and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My boyfriend's review below (Jesse) truly says it all. We had such a pleasant experience here. Highly recommended to anyone travelling in Port Douglas. The knowledge, information and service that Dave and Katie provided was excellent.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, GA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One stop shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

For anyone interested in booking dive or snorkeling trips to the Great Barrier Reef, your first stop in Port Douglas should be the Scuba Dave shop (located conveniently right by the harbor). The service there was phenomenal! I was hoping to take some PADI courses and get my Scuba Diver certification upgraded to full Open Water, but unfortunately they were fully booked up. Nevertheless, Katie was extraordinarily helpful, personally calling all of the big dive boats (Poseidon, Calypso, Wavelength and QuickSilver) that operate out of Port Douglas and finding out what their availability was. She offered really helpful advice about the relative strengths and weaknesses of the different boats, and then booked two full days of diving/snorkeling for me. You won't get better advice or service for diving anywhere in Port Douglas!

Delray Beach, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Amazing service above and beyond - big thanks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Tomorrow I am going for a trip on the Poseidon and I really wanted to use my own regulator and kit that I had bought all the way from America to UK to China to Australia to Sydney to Cairns and finally to Port Douglas in Far North Queensland.

I will review Poseidon separately after tomorrow - My reg is kitted out with a transmitter and a ScubaPro Air 2 hose and this sometimes causes trouble when renting a BCD. Poseidon had refused point blank to change my hose from the Scubapro to the other one that i had brought with me and refused to fit my Octopus.

I had pretty much given up and walked the streets of Port Douglas looking for a dive shop when finally I came across Scuba Dave and explained my problem.

Dave fetched his tools for me and gave me what I needed to make the swap over and then even tested it for me on the type of BCD that Poseidon use!

I cant thank Dave enough for helping me out. I really appreciate it and he certainly helped me to relax and unwind before tomorrows trip to the GBR.