“Great local knowledge, not just for divers!”

Scuba Dave - Day Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: We work on, live & love the reef. As professional divers, we specialise in privately guided dive trips on the Great Barrier Reef. We run a PADI Dive Centre in Port Douglas offering Introductory Diving, Open Water Courses, Advanced Training and Specialty Certifications. Why not earn your PADI DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) specialty certification whilst seeing parts of the reef other divers cannot get to. Call into our store for snorkelling & scuba gear, our own range of Scuba Diver merchandise - show the world you're a diver! We want you to get the absolute most out of your Great Barrier Reef experience. At ScubaDave we listen to all that you expect from your day and offer impartial advice and a selection of options. Contact us today to make your stay in Port Douglas the trip of a lifetime.
Melbourne
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Great local knowledge, not just for divers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Booked several trips & activities with Scuba Dave over 10 day visit, they are not only excellent for Scuba diving & snorkelling advice in addition, I and my two daughters had a great time horse riding at Australia Muster Experience, (we enjoyed it so much we did it twice!)..They also arranged a really interesting Lady Douglas boat tour up the local creek. If you want good local advice, ask them for recommendations...They also are able to be flexible when we needed to change plans they re-organised it immediately... Great client service... Will use them again for next trip!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Markqn1

sydney
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Knows his stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled across Scuba Dave in a port Douglas side street after going into a few tour operator places. He was very informative and got right down to what we required from our reef trip so we booked then and there. Very friendly and knowledgable. We were very happy with him so got him to organize quad biking ( down & dirty bikes best fun we had on our holiday) chopper ride and an afternoon croc spotting on the lady Douglas. Thanks Dave

2 Thank jetsetter004
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkel and Dive experience Great Barrier Reef Port Douglas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

After choosing Dave as our private guide for the day we were so happy with the service offered, We have 3 children, 10, 8 and 5. I was Pregnant and my husband wanted to have a introductory dive. Dave looked after children at all 3 sites and on the boat ride out and back also, showing them interesting things about the reef and fish. He took my husband diving and also snorkelled with the kids whilst my husband and I had some snorkelling time together. I felt very safe and had full confidence in him. Very worth the spend if you have small children.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank PerkyPink
Port Douglas, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great DPV course on the Barrier Reef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

After I got used to maneuvering the DVP we got dropped off in a dingy on the outer side of the reef and found ourselves on spectacular walls right under where the waves were breaking. It was really cool to see a part off the reef, quite different from what you normally get to on Calypso, and I also got to experience being in a fairly strong current. I had expected all wildlife to hide before we even got close with all the water movement, but amazingly we had huge schools of fish swimming in circles around us until we turned off the reef edge to go back to the boat! We also saw quite a few reef sharks, some sting rays and my first barramundi cod.

Basically it was a great day with 3 dives, and tons of cool fish who were probably wondering what those stupid divers were doing so far away from the boat. :)

Thanks Dave!