“Scenic helicopter tour with Bradley”
Review of Skysafari - CLOSED

Skysafari
More attraction details
Owner description: Skysafari is a Personalised Air Touring business designed for you by people passionate about serving you. Our reputation is gratefully reflected by our Mission Statement “To ensure a tour of a lifetime, EVERYTIME!”Our team enjoy the greatest job in the world – while indulging in Tropical North Queensland’s Reef, Rainforest & Outback; undeniably the most contrasting of all environments in Australia & all within your choice of Skysafari. We proudly maintain a 100% incident free safety record. Throughout your experience, you’re served by people who care about you & exceeding your expectations in every detail. With vast local knowledge & a range of incredible locations & activities to offer, talk to us & allow us to put it together for you. Live it, love it, fly it!
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Last week, I was lying on the bed reading a book at our villa in Port Douglas, and my partner Joe suggested we walk down to the beach. However, once in town, he diverted me to the marina which is in a totally different direction. Confused, I was led to a helicopter that was set down on the wharf. Bradley our pilot and Joe instructed me to hop in as it swept us up and out over the coastline and reefs. We saw sharks and sea snakes, flew low over sea turtles and dolphins and stingrays, and took in the most amazing reefs and sand cays. Heading inland, Bradley flew over a ridge in the mountainous rainforest and low into a winding river, heading straight towards one of the most magnificent and isolated waterfalls I've ever seen. And then he set down the helicopter. On top of the waterfall. Hopping out, we were encouraged to go and have a swim in the pristine waterholes, bath in the waterfalls and snorkel for turtles and fish. Meanwhile, Bradley had set up an afternoon tea of wine and cheese and fruit. Left completely alone and to ourselves, Joe asked me to marry him and presented me with the most beautiful diamond. I am quite sure he has made me the happiest girl alive!

None of it would have been possible without Bradley and Za from Skysafari. Za had close communications with Joe for months of organisation before, and they were both just so happy to help and be a part of it. Having had a few helicopter tours in our time, we're both always happily surprised at just how cool helicopter pilots are in general - always passionate, fun and laid back.

Thank you SkySafari for the best day of my life so far!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Solitary Sandy Cay is a must for anyone romantic or not.
From the hotel pick-up to the drop-off it was sheer decadence. We can't praise the guys enough. This was truly an experience of a lifetime. The flights both to and from the Cay were not only pleasant but full of interesting comentary and awesome views. Landing on the Cay was so unbelievable to be on such a magical spot in the middle of the Coral Sea miles away from civilization. Just the three of us. But the piot did not cramp our style whilst we were wandering around he set up for lunch and served us drinks before making himself scarce in his helicopter. The three course picnic lunch was an extremely good selection of fine foods and far more than we could eat even though we tried. We snorkelled, swam and just sat in awe of where we were and what we could see.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Skysafari may not be the biggest company in town but they should be. Started off with car pick up, safety briefing and then the most amazing 50min flight over Batt and Tongue reefs in the Great Barrier Reef. Alex was an awesome pilot and found us reef sharks, rays, multiple turtles and after speaking to a marine biologist, most likely a large pod of false killer whales. I would recommend this flight to anyone visiting Port Douglas. You would be crazy to not to do a scenic flight and even crazier if you do and choose not to go with Skysafari.

2  Thank Steady200382
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A great way to see Port Douglas and the surrounding areas. The company picks you up from your hotel, takes you up and then drops you back off. A must do.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We did the Rainforest and Reef Tour and were greeted by Alex who was our pilot. He was very professional but hilariously funny at the same time and made us feel very safe. He is a well-trained tour guide and knew so many things about the region. His flying was fantastic as far as we can tell (first time in a chopper) and we even saw turtles, rays and a Manta from the air. Make sure you book with skysafari if you have the chance, they offer more private tours than other companys and it's so worth the money.

1  Thank Tina_ZH