“Fabulous reef tour”
Review of Skysafari - CLOSED

Skysafari
More attraction details
Owner description: Skysafari is a Personalised Air Touring business designed for you by people passionate about serving you. Our reputation is gratefully reflected by our Mission Statement “To ensure a tour of a lifetime, EVERYTIME!”Our team enjoy the greatest job in the world – while indulging in Tropical North Queensland’s Reef, Rainforest & Outback; undeniably the most contrasting of all environments in Australia & all within your choice of Skysafari. We proudly maintain a 100% incident free safety record. Throughout your experience, you’re served by people who care about you & exceeding your expectations in every detail. With vast local knowledge & a range of incredible locations & activities to offer, talk to us & allow us to put it together for you. Live it, love it, fly it!
Sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fabulous reef tour”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently did the batt reef tour and thought it was amazing. Pilot Ryan was great at making us feel safe and made sure we had a wonderful trip. It was my first helicopter ride and definitely not my last. Highly recommend this company.

Visited October 2012

Dana Point, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fairy Tale.....”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Back in Aug. my boyfriend suprised me with a helicoptor tour of the Great Barrier Reef with Skysafari during our trip to Australia. The pilot picked us up in a very nice van and took us to the launch pad which was not far down the road from our hotel. I was a little scared at first, as I had never been in a helicopter and kept playing the movie, Jaws, over in my mind. Once in the air, I felt so at ease. Nervousness gone thanks to our pilot and his flying skills. While flying over the majestic reefs, the pilot asks if I would like to touch down on the sand key (surrounded by reef in the middle of the ocean) below us so that my boy friend and I could go on a walk. Well "of course," I replied. Unbenounce to me, a few minutes later while walking the sand key looking at coral and shells, my boy friend suprised me again and asked me to marry him. YES! With huge smiles on our faces we walked back to the helicopter (I was expecting to head back) but no, we had an umbrella, blankets, towels, champagne/wine, cheese, crakers, fruit, and dip already waiting for us thanks to our pilot. We than hung out on our private sand key for what seemed like forever and enjoyed our special moment. I reget that I forgot his name but I would just like to say, THANK YOU for without him and Skysafari this fairy tale proposal would not have been possible. If you are ever looking for an amazing experience (proposal or adventure) please choose skysafari!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Robyn W
Mudgee, Australia
“Fantastic 3-4 hours, can't wait to do it again”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was such a great and well worth it few hours. We will definitely be doing it again and again. The food was fabulous, Ryan our pilot was awesome and informative.

We were originally supposed to land on the sand cay, although upon arrival to the cay we realised that other people were already on it. (this meant we couldn't land there). We then went to the castaway private beach instead, which was just as good if not better on such a hot day. Lovely deck on the beach under the daintree. Perfect place for a picnic.
Loved everything about this tour, its a must do.

“An uplifting experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a wonderful 20 minute scenic flight to the Low Isles from Port Douglas with our friendly and knowledgeable pilot Ryan. Great customer service with pick up & drop off to our apartments. Enjoyed every minute of it and want to come back for a longer ride. Thanks Ryan & Skysafari!

Brisbane
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Skysafari to a sand cay”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

During a recent holiday in Port Douglas my wife and I took the sand cay lunch tour in the Great Barrier Reef. We were a little bemused at the price ($1180 for 3 hours) but it was one of those things we wanted to do once in our life.
We weren't disappointed. Michael the pilot was great company both as a pilot and then as our host on the sand cay. Snorkelling gear was provided as was a great picnic lunch. A few wines, a couple of beers, lunch, a snorkel on the reef and the magnificent flight to and from the sand cay were all part of the deal. It was a magnificent experience which we still talk about with our friends.
You have to do it once in your life !!!

Visited August 2012