“Isn't it interesting!?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Don't you love Tripadvisor? so good to read the different opinions! We had a lovely waiter who was a French Canadian and spot on at his job. The food while good wasn't perfect. The orange sauce on my duck was way too sweet but the osso buco was great. We had a Kooyong Pinot Noir at $102. Not worth $62 let alone the $102. You have to make a reservation if you want to eat before 8.30pm. I saw loads of people being turned away - Sassi has to have something good!
Would I go back - ABSOLUTELY!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our last night out on our holiday we dined at Sassi. Traditional Italian cuisine , great wine list, friendly staff with a good knowledge of the menu and food. Really great fresh produce, my wife had the Baramundi with a fresh salsa which was excellent whilst I had the Osso Bucco cooked perfectly with great flavours . We would highly recommend this establishment . Bon Appetit !!!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were only in Port Douglas for one day and wanted our dining experience to be special. We certainly were not disappointed. Food was fantastic and service exceptional. Would highly recommend. Thanks to Sassi we will certainly be back to Port Douglas and of course to this fine restaurant - cant wait!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We always eat at Sassi restaurant every year when we go to Port Douglas.
This year I had booked for 8 (plus two babies) for my husband's birthday
The table was nicely set in a good position, including babies' high chairs and staff were friendly and welcoming as I remember.
The main concern I had was with service on this occasion.
We arrived at 12.00 and did not get our starters to share until after 1.00 ( and drinks were not served until around 12.45!) we did remind staff re our drinks request.
The meals were served separately with delays of up to 10 minutes for us all to be served- given the limited luncheon Menu this was hard to fathom. My linguine was a small serve and semi warm, but I chose not to make a fuss as the delays were already evident.( It was however tasty)
I think mine was the only one semi warm as i was served first and when the others came their's were OK
Generally the quality of the food was good and the staff did place a candle in a dessert for the "happy birthday"!
We will eat at Sassi again next year, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed for our special celebration on this occasion.

2  Thank nellie125
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Sassi. I took my wife here in 2011 just after I proposed to her by the waterside and on our recent return to Port Douglas we thought we would go back for dinner.

We didn't have a booking and the place was fairly empty. The staff appeared to be somewhat aloof and more interested in socialising between themselves than serving customers. The service was quick though and nothing was forgotten.

We had drinks delivered to our table twice, even though we didn't order them and told the waiter that we didn't. Also, when we finished our mains our table was cleared and the waiter stood at our table but didn't even ask us if we wanted to see a dessert menu. Just a bit strange.

The food was very nice and the calamari was yummy. Main serves were quite small though.

Overall it was an ok dinner but nothing special

2  Thank GMilhouse