“Best massage ever”

Wellness@Port Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted "Best Spa Experience Port Douglas" in 2011 & 2012 by our visitors, we are proud to offer you pure relaxation in the heart of Port Douglas.Enjoy a relaxing body treatment or a remedial massage, chill out in the steam room or get pampered with a botanical facial treatment. Our qualified therapists are there to answer your questions and treat you to an amazing experience. You are a group of four or more? Book the spa exclusively with our "Pamper Party" offer. Add a touch of wellness to your stay in Paradise with a visit to our spacious Day Spa.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was so impressed with the massage I received on Saturday at the Wellness Day Spa. I regularly get massages, and this was actually the best I have ever had. Marie found every sore spot and managed to relax me incredibly as well.
We were part of a group for a birthday celebration, so also got to use the steam room which was amazing. My skin felt so great and clear after it, I may consider doing this on a more regular basis.
Thank-you so much!

There are newer reviews for Wellness@Port Day Spa

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The massage was OK, but the lady that took my booking was most rude to my 6yo daughter.
It was obvious she hated children, and my poor daughter felt the brunt of that.
Won't be visiting again!!!!

wellness_at_port, Manager at Wellness@Port Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Andrew B., thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your massage.

It seems like you didn’t mention your concerns regarding the treatment of your daughter while you were at the Spa as we are not aware of any incident of a staff member behaving rude towards a child. Can you please let us know what she did to have you think that “it was obvious she hated children”? This way we have a chance to follow up and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

As far as we know all our staff do like children, but maybe a Day Spa is not the best place for a 6yo? Please keep in mind that our clients are looking for a calm and relaxed retreat, this is partly why the minimum age to visit our Day Spa is 18 years.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Discrete entry but excellent facilities and staff. Busy but always tried to fit you in.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I happened to walk past this place by accident, as I saw their sign on the footpath. They were able to fit me in for a 1 hr massage in the afternoon, which was short notice, and suited me well.
You do have to walk up a reasonable flight of stairs...I'm not sure they have an elevator. There are a lot of more rooms upstairs than one would expect from street level.
The rooms were clean and airy, and briefly I could hear a staff member talking in the next room. My therapist was very pleasant and the massage was nice.

Ring ahead for bookings. It's very convenient if you are staying in the middle of Pt Douglas

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had the hot stone massage, very well done and extremely relaxing. The price was roughly similar to the other offerings in Port Douglas and the location is right in the middle of town. However the building is not up to the same standard as the other spas and doesn't have quite the same luxurious feel as the others. They needed to clean the windows in their relaxation lounge. The staff were very nice though.

Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thanks a lot for taking the time to give us feedback and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Hot Stone Massage.

Apologies for the windows – we do clean them on the regular basis but as they are sealed double glazed windows we can’t clean them on the “inside” (between the glass panes). Nevertheless we have given them another good clean straight away and we are talking to the owner of the building to come up with a solution to get them clean on the inside as well.