“Great escape”

Aquarius - Sail & Snorkel
More attraction details
Owner description: Aquarius Sail & Snorkel offers luxury day cruises to the calm waters of Low Isles. Departing Port Douglas daily, this brand new 62ft sailing catamaran carries a maximum of 23 guests, each spoilt with amazing corals, snorkel sites, glass bottom boat, guided island walks and high levels of customer service. Want a day on the reef, relaxing like a celebity? Aquarius is for you!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Beautiful time I loved every bit of the trip . Melina and Andy you rock thank you for a memory that I will truly treasure .

Visited November 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent rating isn't enough - FABULOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Do NOT sail to Low Isles with anyone else but Aquarius! I'm a local from Cairns & have sailed with a number of operators over the years & this was by far the best.

What an absolutely beautiful vessel and we enjoyed travelling out under sail power. We were fortunate to have only about 10 people on board (mainly couples) the day we sailed. Only 2 crew, but their service, knowledge and helpfulness was incredible. Loved taking some alcoholic beverages on board for the return trip home.

Firstly we got into the glass bottom boat to go over to Low Isle to swim in the morning (very shallow, great for first time snorkelers). Lunch was then back on the boat (I organised a vegetarian meal for myself upon booking - no hassles & the food was amazing), followed by an afternoon of snorkelling off the back of the boat.

Mask, snorkel, flippers and lycra suit all provided (at no extra charge like some other vessels) and professionally fitted by the crew.

Heaps of assistance available for first time snorkelers &/or those not confident.

Will certainly do the sunset sail next time we're up that way.

1 Thank Chris_W-and-Neal_W
Gisborne, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was one of the highlights of our holiday in Port Douglas. Aquarius is a beautiful boat, by far the nicest cat sailing to the low isles. We only had 14 guests so it always felt like we had plenty of space to get a good pozzy. Skipper Andy, a fellow kiwi so obviously a great guy, had a wealth of information on the island tour and handled the boat like a seasoned pro. His first mate Melina delightful and hardworking, seemed to really enjoy answering questions and explaining about the many and varied sea life. I really enjoyed the morning snorkel but after lunch when the reef sharks came out I was hesitant to get back in the water but with all the turtles popping their heads up and everybody else in there, Andy and Melina kept encouraging me as I think they could tell I really wanted to but was scared. So thanks guys, I would have been disappointed had I not worked up the courage, and I found out what everyone had been saying all along, there is nothing to fear in reef sharks. And so much pleasure to be had in all that sea life, it was a day to remember!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a way to finish the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We went on the sunset sail. One word - awesome. The size & comfort of this 62 foot beauty is to die for. Being able to boy makes it great cause you can have your fave drinks & not have to pay stupid prices for them. The skipper was great. Payed back, chilled & super friendly. As the sun went down - magic. A must do

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First time snorkelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Skipper Drew and his assistant Louise were fantastic. They gave great advice and instilled confidence. Louise was incredibly hard working, caring, patient and lots of fun. drew was more serious but he really knows his stuff and clearly cares deeply about protecting the reef. My first snorkelling experience was awesome.

The Aquarius is a beautiful craft. It is spacious and very comfortable.

The food, especially lunch was delicious and healthy and I think it is great you can bring your own drinks.

Our group of four chose this tour because they advertise small groups, a glass bottom boat And no children. The glass bottom boat is pretty basic but one of our group, who could not snorkel thought it was pretty good. I expected something much bigger and better.

If you really want a day without kids, best to double check before you arrive. No one wins when people bend the rules.