“Excellent service”

Sejuice Food and Juice Bar
Ranked #55 of 127 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sejuice Food and Juice Bar has had new owners since 01/06/2015. We have created a new menu and we also have a comprehensive kids menu available. With these changes we have also updated the furnishings and we have repainted the cafe! We offer everything from Toast to Burgers. We are proud to announce that we use one of our Mum's pancake recipes and make the batter daily in the cafe! We make all our food and drinks fresh to order, in order. We offer table service. We will bring menu's and water to your table and we will come and take your order from you. We have our busy periods during the day and appreciate everyone's patience. Thank you! We look forward to meeting and assisting you. The Team at Sejuice Food and Juice Bar!
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Amazing service by young guy. We didn't find food too bad just your average bacon and eggs etc but we aren't to fussy any way, although it took quite a while for food to arrive yet coffee and drinks were quick. Was very busy. Overall I would head back here for breakfast.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

You know how something is so bad that you feel compelled to comment on it quickly? Maybe it's a cathartic process - to try and put closure on a bad experience? Whatever the reason, 24 hours after part-consuming this sorry excuse for a breakfast, I definitely need to put some kind of closure on it...to wipe it from memory, pretend it never happened. This breakfast was cheap of the cheap - cheap fatty bacon, sausages I wouldn't feed to a dog, cheap eggs, stodgy white bread and service which was slow and ponderous at best. Took 15 mins before a bottle of water appeared, another 5 for the juice and then the 'breakfast' decided to make an appearance after about 30 mins. On reflection, I wish it hadn't bothered.

This place looks to me as an old juice bar that has had a brainwave to serve cheap breakfasts to 'sejuice' all the unwitting passing tourists to bring in a bit of extra income at busy times. Stick to what you are good at would be my advice as the juices weren't bad...the rest was pitiful and, apart from a bacon sandwich I could have knocked up when I was a student, most of it thankfully stayed on the plate rather than in my stomach. I don't think you could find a cheaper sausage in the southern hemisphere if you tried!

On returning to the hotel, I got talking to a young family who by sheer coincidence had suffered the same fate as our ourselves and made the mistake of having breakfast at Sejuice one hour before we did. Their experience was uncannily the same as ourselves apart from they had experienced the eggs benedict which they were equally scathing of. In hindsight, I should have read the warning signs - cheap, plastic, wipe clean menus, nobody particularly smiling or happy, plates of half-eaten food on the tables, crying children (they probably bit into the dog food masquerading as sausages) and the quiet grumbles of diners waiting an aeon for their food to arrive. The waiter, obviously passing through on a temp working visa & dreaming on moving on someday, looked disinterested in anything aside from attempting to lure you in by the so-called 'specials' advertised on the blackboard. Being hungry & on my first day in Port Douglas, I decided to give it a go but really wished I had walked on by.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

If your after a fancy location or setting then this is not for you.

If your after a great tasting breakfast, freshly squeezed juices, fantastic coffee all at very realistic prices then this is the place for you!

Prompt service, great menu choice with daily blackboard specials. I will highly recommend one of their numerous, freshly squeezed juices as they are to die for and starts the day off well.

We were not sure if the coffee would be good however we were impressed as it tasted fantastic as well.

They are only open for breakfast, brunch and lunch.

1  Thank BigGBrisbane
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great food and a very warm welcome on our many returns. We often take our large dog with us, she will sit quietly and the staff welcome us and her with a big bowl of water. Large meals, good value and very tasty and fresh. The pancakes are light and fluffy and the big breakfast is great value.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Looking for a cheaper food option in Port Douglas? Not concerned about atmosphere, but like good service? Then try these guys.