Book In Advance
Tours from Calypso Pure Snorkel tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews opal reef the great barrier reef fish lunch and afternoon tea day trip great trip noodles small group crew members personal experience staff were friendly marine life nice lunch low isles small boat stinger suits giant clams
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We went on a half day snorkelling trip to Low Isles and had a perfect afternoon. The crew members were friendly, professional and informative. The snorkelling was great with only 16 people and the beautiful reef. A great trip for novices and experienced snorkellers alike. Great that we could choose whether we needed life jacket, noodle or nothing.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

My very personal experience was a bit disappointing. I booked based on other reviews and the way the company positions the tour online.

To be begin with, I found very annoying/weird how you get asked to take a picture with a "livesaver/lifebuoy" just before boarding. I understand the main priority of the company is to offer us (tourists) a good experience which may create further monetary benefits to them but come one! let me get on board first.

I found the number of people on board way too many so if you are not a very experienced snorkeler or diver, I would recommend you to choose a different tour.

I found the way the delivery of the safety briefs were performed very poor..some how they made me feel very self-conscious about my lack of experience.

Lastly, a recommendation and a suggestion to the crew staff (the girls) please do not gossip or talk about the guests as they may understand the language and what you are saying...they may look foreign but they may not be...that does not look very good.

Again this is my very personal experience. Good luck choosing these tours! very tricky...

1  Thank Solange M
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Had a great half day snorkelling trip out to Little Isle. Small boat was only half full which meant it was very relaxed with only 12 aboard. A great afternoon and very well run with a glass bottom boat trip out to Little Isle from where we went snorkelling.
Enjoyed it so much we booked for the full day trip to the outer reef the next day which was brilliant. 3 snorkelling stops with spectacular marine life and colourful coral. SImply beautiful. Will return next time I'm in Queensland!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Booked online from UK directly on Calypso website, several months in advance. Snorkel only Outer Barrier Reef full day with Family of 4 - with 12 and 14 year old boys. Self drive to marina $789.

Went to Calypso office in marina building for 8.15am and checked in - directed by staff to Calypso XII boat in marina. Issued with flippers and mask/snorkel on arrival (and later on wetsuit). Trip to Opal reef took about 2 hours - luckily in calm seas. Changing space available in four toilet rooms.

Only about 50/60 people on boat - a good size - with lots of seating options including sun loungers on top deck. Snorkelled at three separate sites over course of the day on Opal reef - with 1 hour of snorkelling at each site (I.e 3 hours total). Amazing array of varied fish and corals - an excellent day with just this.

Fantastic cold meats and salad lunch after site 2 - then unexpected Minke Whale siting - allowing us all back in the water (as Calypso have a Minke licence) - holding onto front tethered rope. Minke whale swam around and under us - wow!

Friendly helpful staff, great (funny) safety briefings. Underwater jpg photos of you or family taken by diver - available to purchase @$20 each if wanted (you are give a memory stick with your chosen photos on).Impressed that ever member of staff did a “headcount” every time the boat moved location. Also impressed that every member of staff (including the captain) lined up on quayside at end to say goodbye. Back at Marina just after 4pm.

An outstanding day - enjoyed by all of us. Wow!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We took the Calypso to snorkel. Crew was great, but we didnt see much fish life where we went., because water was to choppy to go where was was supposed. Water was very clear and warm

Reviewed June 21, 2018

My husband and I had a great day on Calypso Outer Reef. From the meet & greet to the final farewell, we cannot fault it. The dives were great, food very good and the equipment spot on! Well worth it!

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Well priced and good value a whole day out on the water with three snorkel experiences. The staff put customer safety first and provided guidance, supervision and great local knowledge. This is a great day trip and value for money.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Didn't know whether to go for a full or half day to the great barrier reef but the full day ended up being a great value and an excellent time. The boat was fantastic, adequate restrooms, places in the shade and sun to sit, and the food was more than I expected for the type of day that we did.
They brought us to 3 snorkel sites and had morning tea and afternoon tea as well as a lunch. Staff was very helpful for any level of snorkeler.
Recommend bring plenty of water and leave your valuables behind just to be on the safe side.

1  Thank Fastphilad
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Great crew, friendly and approachable taking us to a fabulous location. Kids really enjoyed a couple of hours in the water snorkeling. Saw giant clams up close and a myriad of fish.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

We had a lovely day with on Bubbles with Calypso. The trip was well organised from start to finish and the staff were friendly and professional. Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch were lovely.