See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2015

We stayed at Birdsong for two nights last month, and it was outstanding in every way. Alan and Roberta went out of their way to make us feel at home and welcome, and advised us with some great tips on dining (The Beach Shack in Port Douglas is excellent), and other excursions. Roberta was so friendly and helpful, and was a joy to spend time with- and what a delicious breakfast! I would recommend Birdsong for anyone traveling near Port Douglas, without hesitation! Thank you Roberta and Alan!! :-)

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Alan D, Owner at Birdsong B&B Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Thanks so much for the glowing review. Glad we were able to provid all our locals tips to make the most of your short stay. If you have any great photos that you took and have the time please post. Happy travels. Regards Alan & Roberta.

Reviewed August 20, 2015

With 2 children, we stayed a complete week in the birdsong B&B and were really lucky to find this charming place to visit the north of Cairns. The property is abolutely ideal and we did not manage a single defect, spacy and well cleaned rooms, an amazing swimming pool and a great homemade breakfasts (have to mention the delicious freshly baked cupcakes). The top of the week was defintely the hosts, Roberta and Alan, who made us feel at home with friends. They provided us nice tips to discover the Port Douglas area. My children had difficulties to leave and while finishing our australian hollidays requested several times to go back to Birdsong for a night. If we ever get back to australia, we will definitly stop again in Birdsong.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Alan D, Owner at Birdsong B&B Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2015

Merci beaucoup pour votre review. Thank you so much for a lovely review, we always aim to make everyone's stay better than being at home so that we can welcome you back. We are so glad the children loved it here just as we do.

Reviewed February 27, 2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Birdsong for a few nights last week.
The house is in a lovely quiet location close to Port Douglas. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The bed very comfortable and the rooms air-conditioned. Your hosts Alan and Roberta are charming and will tend to your every need. If you are looking for a great place to stay while visiting Port Douglas we would highly recommend Birdsong. And yes there is beautiful birdsong in the mornings.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acoupledownunder
Reviewed January 9, 2015

We stayed at Birdsong B&B in December 2014 for a few nights and had the most fabulous time! It is a beautiful house and property with spectacular accommodations and a great location, very close to the main section of Port Douglas. The hosts, Alan & Roberta, are wonderful, very welcoming, and really added to making our time in the area our favorite part of our trip to Australia. Their information on things to do was very helpful and steered us to things we likely would not have discovered on our own, all of which we enjoyed immensely. We have had a lot of good experiences staying at B&Bs, often based on recommendations on Trip Advisor, and wanted to pass on information about this special place. This one felt more like staying with friends and we highly recommend it. There was absolutely nothing that we did not like about our stay at Birdsong except for of course having to leave! If we ever get back to Australia, and we hope we do, we’ll definitely be back for a return visit.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Alan D, Owner at Birdsong B&B Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2015

Thanks so much for an awesome review and taking the time to post your feedback. It is very much appreciated. We are so glad that you had a great stay with us and that our recommendations gave you some great experiences in our area. Best regards.

Reviewed October 20, 2014

My parents and I stayed in the wonderful Birdsong in early October 2013 (Trip Advisor only dates back to November 2013) when my parents were visiting me from Ireland. I have been meaning to place this review all year! It is a fantastic time to visit Port Douglas as the weather was not humid yet and the was sun was shining.

Unfortunately, we could only stay in Birdsong for night after our Great Barrier Reef trip which left from Port Douglas. I booked Birdsong as it was just off the Captain Cook Highway to Cairns airport so was in a convenient location for us to make our flight the following day. Despite the fact we spent only one night and morning in Birdsong, Roberta made us feel so welcome and stands out in my memory as by far the best host we had throughout our ten days of travel in Sydney, Cairns and Port Douglas.

The house itself is stunning. Beautifully designed and incredibly spacious, it is incredible value for money. I was so glad I didn't go down the route of booking a hotel for my parents and I, as we would never get the level of service we got from someone like Roberta who makes it her business to get to know you and make you feel like you're at home. She gave us great recommendations for restaurants to dine in that evening in Port Douglas which were to my parents liking, rather than steering us towards the high end cuisine restaurants that just wouldn't be their scene at all.

The rooms were luxurious with beautiful finishing touches. I even had my own gigantic bathroom which had a huge, luxurious bath and shower. I was kicking myself we didn't spend more time in Port Douglas when I saw the wonderful pool outside too! I can see why they get so many weddings in Birdsong. It is a short drive into Port Douglas from Birdsong and there are so many pretty shops and restaurants that I would advise anyone who has the time to spend a few days in Birdsong to get the most out of the town and this wonderful B&B.

Finally, the breakfast was incredible. We got to enjoy the delicious local tropical fruits as well as a hot breakfast too. I would love to make a trip back up to far North Queensland and would definitely stop off at Birdsong again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family