“Large, friendly and good food”
Review of bel cibo

bel cibo
Ranked #36 of 127 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: bel cibo is a stylish yet informal Italian restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas with superb food, great service & alfresco dining, on the mezzanine floor of the Saltwater building, perfect for watching the day go by or the activity along the Macrossan Street.
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant works. It's expensive but worth it. Great staff, good wine list, well priced and the food well executed. I'd definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,230)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I had lunch in bel cibo on our recent holiday in Port Douglas. The restaurant is elevated above Macrossan Street (the main thoroughfare in Port Douglas) and is perfect situated for people-watching, a popular holiday pastime in our family. We selected the 2-course set lunch menu thinking it would be light, but the food was so good we couldn't stop eating and had to delay dinner as a result. For me, the highlight was a confit duck meat salad, which I could have eaten every day for a week without tiring of the flavours. The pizza margarita was utterly delicious, with a beautifully thin crispy base and the homemade fettuccini carbonara was creamy with perfect pasta. A thoroughly recommended lunch location - but go early if you want to recover in time for dinner.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

this was about average for our meals in Port Douglas. The food was serviceable, the service was pretty good, and the people watching from the balcony was great.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Living in Cairns & have been to this restaurant 4 times . Have always found the food excellent . Always fresh and comes out quick . Would always be happy to go back . Have found the staff slightly standoffish though .

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I visited bel cibo just as they opened for the evening for a quick meal before traveling to Cairns. Everything about my meal was well done and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I had a simple dinner and thought it was a bit pricey, but it was very good. A nice stop for dinner.