“Great food & Terrific service”
Review of bel cibo

bel cibo
Ranked #30 of 127 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: bel cibo is a stylish yet informal Italian restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas with superb food, great service & alfresco dining, on the mezzanine floor of the Saltwater building, perfect for watching the day go by or the activity along the Macrossan Street.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went here with the family & couldn't have asked for a better experience. Our children loved the pasta so much I had to promise to go back there tonight!!! My veal was delicious & my wife's Rissoto was also very good.

1  Thank bobby s

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This restaurant is on a second floor over looking macrossan st. It was crowded on a Tuesday night, but there was a few tables being reset as I arrived. The staff were very friendly and prompt.

I ordered the ciabatta with evoo&balsamic and olive tapenade. It was 4 warm soft pieces of ciabatta. It was enough dressings to cover, but only barely.

For my main I ordered the Barramundi fillet on wilted spinach. It came with the most amazing gnocchi I think I have ever had!!! piping hot! And every single bite was delicious.

I had two glasses of the only Pinot noir (NZ) that they had available by the glass and somehow managed to save room for tiramisu for dessert.

Overall, I was super impressed with this restaurant. I was happy to dine there solo, the service was great, the food was top notch, and I would love to return if I find myself in Port Douglas again!

1  Thank kristinbot
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Placed on the first floor above the shopping street with terrace tables that catch the breeze, Bel Cibo (beautiful grub) lives up to its name. The food is great, the wine list is one of the best we've seen, and the entertainment gained from watching the passing crowd makes this a very pleasant restaurant.

1  Thank jbCAM
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, a little more expensive than our usual choice but well worth it... staff were excellent.

1  Thank Vicky H
Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a recent holiday to Port Douglas I read in the local paper that Bel Cibo had been rated best Italian restaurant in North Queensland, so decided to book for dinner. The food was excellent and we had a fantastic meal, so much so that we even returned for lunch on Sunday. On Sunday we enjoyed the fish and chips, the fish was so fresh and tasty and definitely worth trying. During our stay we ate at many Port Douglas restaurants and found Bel Cibo to be the best. The food is fantastic fresh Italian using quality local produce. The chef even bakes his own Italian bread each day. Can't wait to go back on our next trip!