“Great spot average food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tin Shed

Tin Shed
Ranked #26 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Being a Club you do have to sign, but anyone can do it. This place is mentioned in lots of reviews and is a gem
sydney
“Great spot average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing location. As tables were at a premium it seemed all very rushed. Food came out quickly but was only average. Many better food options in town but location probably warrants a visit

Visited January 2014
1 Thank anhemp

Brisbane, Australia
“Was too hungry to send the cold food back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Review typed on December 30th, 2013. Visited for breakfast on December 29th.

My wife and I drove to Port Douglas from our home in Clifton Beach as we do from time to time. On our last visit several months ago, we discovered the Tin Shed by chance. The atmosphere is casual and the outdoor dining view is to die for. I had the pancakes for breakfast on our first visit, and remember it being quite good and reasonably priced.

Yesterday's visit was disappointing (don't worry, the great view is still there). I deliberately didn't eat anything at home, having told my wife I was looking forward to going to the Tin Shed again. The breakfast menu is extremely limited to pancakes, eggs benedict, a "big brekky" of eggs, beans, tomatoes, bacon and turkish bread, and at most maybe two more breakfast dishes. If you just want toast and coffee (as my wife did), you can forget about getting a side of toast. We took our seats, looked over the limited menu, then I went to stand, order.and pay.....two cappuccinos in cups and an order of eggs benedict with smoked salmon ($21.90 for everything). The cappuccinos came neither quickly nor slowly and were ok, but not special. The wait for the eggs benedict was close to 25 minutes and when they came, they were cold.....not only that, but the portion size was extremely miniscule....would have been perfectly sized if I'd been six rather than forty-six. Hunger and not wanting to wait for a new serving got the best of me and I downed my cold breakfast. We left and unless absolutely desperate to sit and enjoy that lovely view again, will not be back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank 67ers
Australia
“Prawns in a bucket!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This club is so accessible and so friendly and has the best views - and the tiger prawns in an ice bucket/bowl are just beautiful on a hot day. Reasonable wine list and cold beer. Terrific. It's not air-conditioned, but gets breezes and has a large outdoor deck. Worth a visit and very reasonable prices.

Visited December 2013
“Great views and authentic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic setting for dinner. Very friendly service with a wonderful informal atmosphere. Food is good. It is not the best in Port Douglas, but the prices are much better than many other places. Great for kids.

Visited December 2013
Port Douglas, Australia
“Christmas lunch at Tin Shed Port Douglas (MickR. PD)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is the second year we have had Christmas lunch at the Tin Shed, Port Douglas which was fantastic. The manager Kym Rowley and staff are to be congratulated for their expertise in providing for a large crowd. I was at a table of fifteen and everyone really enjoyed the day with excellent food and cold drinks..

I had four family members and three friends travel from NSW and I can guarantee we will be back next year to do it all over again.

• Visited December 2013