“Wonderful Staff Support”

Book In Advance
More Info
$183.20*
and up
Poseidon Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling and...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Poseidon Outer Reef Cruises offers a five star cruise to the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs, north of Port Douglas. Poseidon visits three spectacular sites on the very edge of the Great Barrier Reef. We cater for Snorkellers, certified and introductory divers who can enjoy doing up to three dives at different locations. Enjoy a guided snorkel tour and tropical buffet lunch. Limited passenger numbers ensures personal attention by our friendly crew.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We chose Poseidon for the smaller size - the day we went out there were approximately 50 folks along. They picked us up right on time, delivered us to the boat and, because the wind was high (20-24 knots) strongly urged folks to take sea sickness pills. The staff was energetic in preparing everyone with equipment, which included presciption snorkel masks, none of which seems old or tired. We had 3 stops to snorkel/dive and spent about an hour at each. While the seas were rougher than I, a limited swimmer liked, when the staff found out I was not going back into the water at the second stop due to the swells, Zoe not only seemed happy to let me hang onto her float, but also helped me swim in the current, around to the best side of the reef. She was encouraging and didn't make me feel stupid for not being fearless enough to do the snorkel on my own. The food was excellant and the staff very supportive. We would go out with them again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)
All reviews
"prawns"
in 32 reviews
"certified diver"
in 18 reviews
"marine biologist on board"
"plenty of food"
in 21 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Unfortunately we had rough seas ( do not be a hero, take the sea sickness pill) but we had to see the reef! The choppiness of the water and lack of sun could have made for a miserable $220 pp trip, but the staff was energetic and helpful. They kept a close eye on everyone and even helped me swim back when I swallowed a wave. They had great attitudes and lunch was delicious. They hit three spots for an hour each. Great value.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

After doing much research we chose Poseidon Reef Cruises for its number of passengers - max 80. While I wouldn't say the day was personable, I definitely felt that the staff were passionate about their job and in making our day a success. We went to three dive sites on the day which were all a bit different and we got to see whales on three separate occasions. The food was lovely and ample. The crew were definitely organised and I never felt rushed like I had felt on other reef trips. There were a few people seasick on the boat but the staff were quick to clean up and tend to the sick. Next time I think we will pay more money for an even smaller group - might be worth the extra bucks.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile