“Gem in Port Douglas”
Review of Port Douglas Motel

Port Douglas Motel
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Port Douglas
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Port Douglas Motel for 4 nights, and were really impressed with the facilities and location. We stayed in a Queen Studio and were surprised at how spacious and functional the room was. The motel has just been renovated, and is clean and stylish and well worth the price. Our studio included some basic kitchen facilities i.e. sink, fridge, microwave, but there is an al fresco communal kitchen located next to the pool which we used most nights. The bed was really comfortable, and the pool was a lovely retreat for our down-time. Leo & Susie (current owners) were fantastic hosts, going out of their way to help us whenever required. Susie even negotiated a trip out on a helicopter for us, on the day with the best weather - it was an amazing experience! I would definitely recommend Port Douglas Motel to anyone considering a stay. p.s. Hope you enjoyed the bottle of gin we left in the fridge Leo and Susie - whoops!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
portdouglasmotel, Owner at Port Douglas Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Port Douglas is such a great holiday destination and to have such terrific guests we have the good life!!!
One of these days we will get on that helicopter and will think of you both.
Keep well and happy and see you again! A pleasure to have you here.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We arrived in Port Douglas unexpectedly and being school holidays, were a bit worried about finding accommodation for 3 blokes. We ideally wanted an apartment but couldn’t find one. Having lived in PD many years ago, I avoided this place like the plague, but being pretty much the only place in town I decided that somewhere was better than nothing and booked a room.

I hadn’t seen any reviews on TA, as there was little point given how full Port Douglas was.

Leo and Susy introduced themselves and spoke to me about the recent renovation, and they were spot on…this place just gob smacked me!

Comfortable, clean, new and well appointed rooms. Pillow top beds, a big plasma TV and a great amount of space for us all. It was without a doubt the most comfortable night’s sleep of my entire 12 day holiday.

I had an important document to email, and whilst I sat outside the reception in a lounge chair doing my work, Susy offered me a beer on the house.

There is nothing better than things exceeding one’s expectations, but the Port Douglas Motel just blew me away. I doubt for the proximity to the pubs, shops and beach, and for the money there is anything better in Port Douglas. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
portdouglasmotel, Owner at Port Douglas Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We really thank you for the time taken to comment! Our guests are so important to us and we always want to treat people how we like to be treated! Our aim renovating this property was to try to give value and comfort at an affordable price. We hope to see you again

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here with my parents for 3 nights in October. We shared a queen and single room with was great, beds were very comfortable. There was a small in room kitchen with microwave, toaster and fridge, with a great communal outdoor kitchen with BBQ next to the pool also available! The bathroom was clean and tidy. Great location only 3 minutes walk to the beach and less to the shops!

• Stayed: October 2013
portdouglasmotel, Owner at Port Douglas Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Big thank you for your time to review our property! It is always our pleasure to see smiling faces and pleased guests! Come back soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fantastic family friendly hotel. The rooms have just been refurbished in a very relaxing décor. Excellent location to the shops, beach and restaurants. Made our stay in Port Douglas a fantastic family holiday. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

So grateful for you response.
For us it is a plus having WiFi in reception and the outdoor seating areas we too got to know you!
Very much enjoyed your company and we hope your travels have been wonderful! Maybe we'll meet again someday!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We visited in July and found the motel ideally located - a quick stroll to the center of the action in Port Douglas. Leo gave us some excellent tips and was a great host. The room was well set up and proved a welcome break from the cramped hotels we had stayed prior to arriving in Queensland. Having wifi in the room would have been a good plus, but then we would have missed out on getting to know Leo and Susie more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello to you and your family! As I have said before,easy to look after wonderful people!1 See you again someday

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This Motel has been beautifully renovated and up there with all the Resorts. Excellent location to shops, beach and all the restaurants. Walking distance to them all. Reception greeting was as if we were regular stayers. Excellent pool and barbeque area. So clean. Lovely area to sit and have a coldie and watch the kids. We recommend staying at this Motel as your first choice. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised by this place, though I shouldn't have been with all the good reviews I'd read. I was a walk up and luckily they had a vacancy (on a Sunday afternoon), and Susie gave it to me at a slight discount. The rooms have all just been refurbished and were immaculately clean. Great value for something so close to everything! Will definitely go back next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo