“Great dives”

Blue Dive Port Douglas
Ranked #2 of 75 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Copied regularly but never beaten. Learn to scuba dive in affordable luxury with the premier 5 Star PADI Dive Resort in Port Douglas. Superb privately guided outer reef scuba diving day trips for both qualified and non-qualified divers. Cruise out to the unrivalled and pristine Agincourt Ribbon Reefs in style on Poseidon, the sleek, high speed catamaran. Trips can also go on Calypso to the Opal Reefs. Excellent group discounts available. The professional and friendly team at Blue Dive are deeply committed to bringing safe, quality and personal dive guiding and instruction - to all our guests. Maximum of 5 on all PADI courses. Luxury private charters too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dives”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked a private dive in Oct 2012. I dive in itself was definitely great and beautiful! The private guide was great too. The one thing we didn't realize is that my husband and I, with the private guide, were actually joining a large group on a larger boat. It was still well worth it and we did get special privileges like sitting in a more private area with the crew.
It was a fun day!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Akryston
BlueDivePortDouglas, General Manager at Blue Dive Port Douglas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi Akyston,

Thank you for your lovely review of our privately guided diving services.

Just on a point of clarification. Our privately guided trips are on the excellent Poseidon and sometimes on the also excellent Calypso. We use these super, medium sized boats as to get out to the best outer reefs comfortably they are great.

So yes there are other divers on the boat but we have our own private area on the boats and we do our own thing underwater as a private group - a great way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.

So Akryson yes with privately guided trips you had your own Blue Dive guide looking after just you two and we are glad you enjoyed it. And we are glad you liked Poseidon too - its a great boat going to stunning reefs.
Welcome back anytime.

Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wonderful safe day”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just got off the Reef with Mark from Blue Dive. We found him on Trip Advisor and thought we would give them a try. Totaly satisfied! My wife was able to do 2 snokel dives and I completed 3 reef SCUBA Dives. (about 45 minutes each) Beacause I had not dived in a few Years, Mark took me down for a very thorough refresher course. Excellent and very safety concious.
I would highly recommend them as they made it a great day. You share a dive boat with 20 or more other divers, but Mark made sure we where the first off and first back to miss the crowds on deck.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Porky113
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Five star diving-the only way to go”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was privilaged once again to spend a day diving on the reefs best dive boat, Poseidon, with the amazing team from Blue Dive. Mark & Jorg take the experience to the next level. The equipment is handled, we sit with the captain in the wheel house, are first into the water at each of the three sites and dive as a pair, away from all other divers, and enjoy the reef like we are the only two people on it. Their knowledge takes us right to the very best spots and the on going coaching I recieve on each dive allows me to become more and more skilled underwater. The difference this private guiding makes to the day is significant. Get them to bring the professional underwater camera and get photos to keep that you will never get on your own camera. I cannot recommend this dive boat, or Blue Dive, highly enough.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Geoffrey_100255068
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Thanks Michael ! Booked a private dive with Blue dive for my first dive in Australia. Really good diving experience. Michael was a very friendly, helpful and professional that made the day a real success. Having more than 100 dives in my log book, Michael is for sure in the top 5 best diving buddy ! Strongly recommended to discover the great barrier reef.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Bob041
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLE experience!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Having previously tried scuba I decided to get my PADI open water qualification during my visit to oz. Mark was very helpful and responsed promptly to my millions of emails. From the boat to the food to the fish (many thanks to Paul the shark!) it was an experience I will never forget. I was made to feel comfortable, welcome and safe and I did NOT want 2 leave. Thank you!

Visited March 2013