“INCREDIBLE experience!”

Blue Dive Port Douglas
Ranked #2 of 76 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Copied regularly but never beaten. Learn to scuba dive in affordable luxury with the premier 5 Star PADI Dive Resort in Port Douglas. Superb privately guided outer reef scuba diving day trips for both qualified and non-qualified divers. Cruise out to the unrivalled and pristine Agincourt Ribbon Reefs in style on Poseidon, the sleek, high speed catamaran. Trips can also go on Calypso to the Opal Reefs. Excellent group discounts available. The professional and friendly team at Blue Dive are deeply committed to bringing safe, quality and personal dive guiding and instruction - to all our guests. Maximum of 5 on all PADI courses. Luxury private charters too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLE experience!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Having previously tried scuba I decided to get my PADI open water qualification during my visit to oz. Mark was very helpful and responsed promptly to my millions of emails. From the boat to the food to the fish (many thanks to Paul the shark!) it was an experience I will never forget. I was made to feel comfortable, welcome and safe and I did NOT want 2 leave. Thank you!

2 Thank Alex_Browning

Gothenburg, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving at the "outer reef", private guided tour”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked a private tour with Blue Dive in March. It was great! We went with the boat "Poseidon", made three dives. Really friendly and proffessional staff, very good diving. I'm a beginner and I got very good help with everything from my diving instructor, both regarding the equipment and taking underwater photos and so on.. Very good safety routines as well! Highly recommended! I made three dives with Vic and she was great! Friendly, proffessional, helpful, funny and she has very good knowledge about the area, different species and diving in general.

2 Thank malinb152
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Awesome day of diving at Great Barrier Reef!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a grp of 6 diving with Blue Dives today (selected after all the reviews we read before) and they definitely live up to all our expectations! In our grp, there were 4 introductory divers and Vic was absolutely the best! She took great care of their safety as well as making sure that they enjoyed themselves even as just beginners..

My husband and I had Mark to dive with us and he gave us great tips to improve our dives although we have been diving for more than 10 years! Throughout the dives, Mark was always taking care of our safety and we felt so comfortable diving with him.. He adapted to our tempo of diving and it was very relaxed and enjoyable...

I highly recommend Blue Dives for anyone with a group of mix levels of diving experiences as Mark and Vic ensured that the different divers' interests and safety were catered for.. Indeed, the personal attention we got definitely made our diving experience a truly memorable and enjoyable one! We look forward to coming back for our daughters to get their diving certification! Thanks Mark and Vic, for the truly wonderful time we had!

Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Blue Dive - Exceptional Diving Experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our 12 days vacation was plan in such a way that we will take our open water certification with Blue Dive in the last 4 days. On our first day we met Jorg and Victoria our instructor for our introductory dive. We were both hesitant in diving as we have never done it before. However, the way they made us feel right at home, made us feel calmer for the initial dive.

Blue dive utilise dive boats such as Poseidon and Calyspo and if you are on a private dive with Blue dive you get to be at the wheel house - Away from the crowd. Highly important for the both of us as we are first timer and appreciate the additional attention.

Our first introductory dive is really good as we learn many skills and saw many fishes and corals before our open water certification in the pool.

Jorg is really attentive and certainly very experience diver with very good attention to details. Taking time to really explain how it should be done. He has a good sense of humor and likes to joke around to ease the worries we had.

Second day on our pool skills, we were afraid of doing a lot of the skills but we were given time to re do it till we are capable of doing so. It is really an experience i would say.

On the third day, we went for our skills in the sea and certainly manage to breeze through after attending the pool session on day 2. Jorg made the difference as an exceptional instructor to explain the how's and why's of learning the skills.

On the last day when we were certified, we were very happy and would continue to dive in the region given the time to do so. I would recommend those who are seeking for a different diving experience to give Blue dive a try and be blown away by their service.

We are usually the first to hit the water, first to get in line to buffet, last to get out of the water to maximise bottom time. Eventually we are both certified open water which is a great way of ending this vacation.

Thanks Jorg!

1 Thank benetay
Grafton, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The best”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you just want to have a great dive experience then you can't go past Blue Dive but if you want to learn how to take great underwater photos then these are your guys even better if you want to learn new skills then you can't go past Blue Dive
As a ( I thought a experienced diver ) I learnt more with Mark in one day Than I have learnt in the last ten years
If you want to have a great dive experience in Port Douglas there is no better