“Amazing food”
Review of Bucci Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Bucci Italian Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bucci Italian Restaurant has been a favorite with locals and tourists alike for modern urban Italian, since 2009. Established by Spencer Patrick, Bucci delivers Italian buzz to the heart of Macrossan Street. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days per week, Bucci is family friendly affordable and delicious.
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner with my husband and 10 month old son. The staff were very attentive, friendly and polite, never had to look around for service. There was a slight delay on our meals due to an issue with the ordering system but boy was the food worth the wait. I ordered the crumbed chicken and the flavour was amazing, including the side salad. So delicious! My husband enjoyed the spanner crab linguine and my son shoveled down his kids meal of spaghetti bolognese - a delightful experience for us given he is such a fussy eater!

Bravo Bucci, we will return!

P.S suggest booking if you need a high chair as there were only two and the strap was broken on ours. We just held our wriggly baby on our lap until it was time to eat and he was suitably distracted.

1  Thank ez0203

Reviewed June 13, 2014

You have to try the Chocolate nemesis! we came once just for desert, once for dinner (the veal main and ox cheek pasta- both awesome) and desert and the third time for desert again with friends.
The Nemesis is a sort of baked mousse cake and comes with mascarpone and frozen raspberries on the side- absolutely delicious!
Each time we came we were served by Paul who I think was in charge. He had a great sense of humor and was great - even served us at 10pm on our last night when kitchen was closed!
Paul you made our final night in PD awesome-Thanks so much! See you next time!

2  Thank Eva N
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Will not be returning to this establishment.We found the staff to be arrogant and the food sub-standard.Worst experience we had in our 8day stay in Port Douglas.

2  Thank TheExplor
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our local dive guide recommended we go for dinner after our diving trip (and even rang and made the reservation for us). I am glad she did because we had a great meal. The lasagne is a MUST! It is like no other dining experience you have had. I highly recommend you book because they were very busy!

1  Thank Maree S
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had a yummy dinner at Bucci last Friday. I hadn't booked, and as there weren't any tables available for about 20 minutes, the maitre'd offered me a seat at the bar stools to the side where I enjoyed a glass of wine and some tasty marinated olives until a table was available. The staff are quick and attentive, and made sure I had what I needed. I enjoyed delicious toasted bread with balsamic and olive oil while I waited for my outstanding main meal. A delicious slow cooked ox shank Ragu with Rigatoni and a glass of red from Puglia were totally divine. I had the entree size, and it was for me a perfect dinner sized meal. I enjoyed a beautiful dessert of own-made icecream with a fabulous basil syrup, Limoncello and Biscotti. YUM!

1  Thank CAMILLA S