“New Manager..Looking forward to visiting the Beach Shack again!”

The Beach Shack Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local favourite, "The Shack" introduces you to a truly tropical Port Douglas dining experience with a wonderful mix of funky ambiance and laid back Queensland style. An eclectic mix of sandy floor, colourful lanterns, and a chill out bar with comfy couches, "The Shack" offers a delicious restaurant menu or more relaxed pizza bar menu. Come in for a beer and a pizza or a bubbles and tapas - it's what the locals do! Bookings for the restaurant are absolutely essential to guarantee a table!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Manager..Looking forward to visiting the Beach Shack again!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I shared my previous experience under "Dreadful Management". Have now received a lovely email from the new manager, Caroline and she's hoping that we will revisit. I will definitely go back to the Beach Shack next time I'm in Port Douglas. Our time there was really only let down by one person who lacked good manners and communication skills. Thanks for your email Caroline.

Visited July 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Average Pizza”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ordered some take away pizzas, they tasted ok but not the best Ive had, very soggy base. For the price, I probably wouldn't order again.

Perth, Australia
“Good low key meal.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat for a casual bite. Byo and licensed. Good for families as well. Floor covered in sand keeps kids entertained, as does the colouring paper and crayons they provide.

Cairns, Australia
“Very good for take away”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Affter a few beears at the nearby tavern I decided to grab a take away pizza (supreme). The restaraunt was quite busy so I expected a bit of a wait. 12 minutes later my order was ready.

Crispy on the base, not overly cheesy. A touch expensive from what I'm used to in Cairns, but the quality was very good. If I had to complain, I'd say it was a little heavy on the capsicum, but I don't like capsicum so much and hey it's pizza!

On the restaraunt side of things, the sand floor is interesting, but left me wondering how they clean up spills and dropped food (I used to clean restaraunts for a living). If I took my kids there, it'd be very difficult to stop them treating it as a sandpit to play in.

Based solely on the take away experience - Go back factor: High

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were recommended to the beach shack by John at Paradise Links, what a great recommendation the sea food coconut curry is something I would not have had anywhere else. The Spanish Mackerel beer batter with chip was great for comfort food. The atmosphere of the place is so different. A definite place to try.

• Visited July 2013