“Great activity for the kids”

Port Douglas Horse Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Phone 07 4098 4101
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I visited recently with my son and he had a half hour lesson. It's an easy location from Port Douglas or Mossman area.
The lessin was fantastic, covering all the basics such as equipment, balance, trotting, galloping and even jumping.
Although it wasn't the best weather, Mandy accommodated us and we only had one day in the area. He hasn't stopped talking about it and wants to go back.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My kids (ages 4 and 6 years) had a wonderful horse riding experience. We have been to other horse riding schools around Cairns but will definitely be back to Mandy. She showed so much time and patience but also managed to teach the kids a great deal in half an hour. They absolutely loved it!

1  Thank Jacquelyn T
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I'd been keeping an eye out for a good horse riding experience for my two girls on our extended holiday, and was impressed by previous reviews of Mandy and her 'Port Douglas' horses. (Closer than Mossman than Port Douglas, but definitely worth a trip from afar!!)
We were certainly not disappointed, in fact were very impressed with the hour lesson, especially at short notice, only booking in on the morning of the lesson.
My girls, 6 & 10 love horses but have only been on one trail ride & a few led pony rides before. Mandy has a great set up and taught the girls so many horseriding basics in the hour - mounting, steering & stopping, trotting, cantering, bending (grabbing flags of poles) - and even some small jumps and games. So much more of a horse riding experience than trail rides, and quite reasonably priced for the small group attention and effort Mandy puts into her lessons.
The girls even got to wash and brush Dolly and Star after their lesson. They loved every minute! Mandy was a great teacher - very competant, caring, organised and obviously loves all her beautiful horses a lot. Thanks again Mandy, Dolly & Star!!

1  Thank KathC76
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My son had an introductory lesson and came back for another one. Very professional and safe environment. Mindy doesn't just teach you to ride, but also introduces you to other aspects of love for the animal and that is very inportant. What a beautiful spot. Thanks Mindy!!!

1  Thank Zeev Z
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My nine year old son had two lessons with Mandy. He had never been on a horse and it was amazing to see how confident he was during his first lesson. He's been telling everyone about "his beautiful horse, Star" since we got back.

1  Thank Bemused08