“What a diffrence a DAY makes....”

Brett's Kuranda Half Day Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.02*
and up
Kuranda Day Trip from Port Douglas with Optional Skyrail Cableway or Scenic...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Brett's Kuranda Half day Tour Featuring Palm Cove Stop Over. NEW_Brett's Outback Tasting Adventures Food and Wine tasting tour.Small groups specialising in service,air conditioned bus. Our first stop on the Kuranda tour is to the multi award winning Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Enjoy a journey to Kuranda over some of the oldest rainforest on earth. On arrival in Kuranda I'll be there to meet and show you around this, 'Village in the rainforest' famous for its colourful arts and crafts markets. After approx 2 hours in Kuranda it's time for a trip to Cairns on one of the most spectacular rail journeys in Australia. Hi my name is Brett and I'd like to tell you what an afternoon on my Kuranda and Palm Cove tour entails,Leaving at 11am means you can enjoy a quiet morning, a walk on the beach and a lie in before I pick you up and with a maximum of only 12 guests you are guaranteed personal service. After our trip on Skyrail and the Scenic train we head up the coast to stunning Palm Cove. I will show you along the palm fringed Esplanade before leaving you to enjoy a 'Kuranda Rainforest Delights' cocktail overlooking the beautiful beach, take a stroll amongst the shops and galleries or wander along the jetty before returning to Port Douglas at dusk and the end of our afternoon together. << less Hi my name is Brett and I'd like to tell you about my new tasting adventure. We leave at 9am and head to - Morning tea at Tjapukai (which means' Rainforest') Aboriginal cultural park. Up the Kuranda Range to De Brueys Boutique Wines, to sip deliciously different tropical fruit wines, liqueurs and Ports .Lunch at Mount Uncle Distillery, North Queensland's first and only distillery. This stunning property is nestled in coffee and banana plantations, with beautiful gardens, friendly animals and a tasting of their award winning liqueurs and spirits.Coffee Works for a fascinating tour of 'Coffee World' which tells the epic story of coffee, with over 2000 exhibits. sip and savour some of the very best locally grown coffees, teas, luscious liqueurs and dive into endless decadent chocolates created on site.Next stop Emerald Creek Ice creamery to sample 'World Class' home made ice-cream and sorbet with delicious fudge and dried Mango and Dragon fruit to taste.Then across the savannah 'Outback' ,past giant termite mounds and classic red dirt to a unique 160 acre Private Property. 'The Platypus Hut' where you can sit in this tranquil setting watch for the elusive Platypus (or dip your toes into the most beautiful mountain stream,) whilst tasting Malanda's Gallo Dairyland cheeses and some Queensland wines and beer.We then head down the Julatten range and I will drop you back to your accommodation at 5.30pm.
Matamata, New Zealand
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“What a diffrence a DAY makes....”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a great day out - not picked up too early and returned for dinner! Brett is very attentive to his customers and had sorted evrything for us. We did have an add on fee that we choose to go into gold class on our return down on the skyrail train.
We met some great people on our trip and I would recoomend using this company!

Visited May 2013

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kuranda sky car & scenic rail”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a very friendly and informed driver. the day was very well organised and a lot of fun I can highly recommend. We had time to shop in the Kuranda Markets and the view from the sky car was breathtaking.

Melbourne
“A great afternoon”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are holidaying in Port Douglas make time for Bretts Kuranda Half Day Tour. You will be well looked after by Brett who is a natural at making everyone feel very welcome. You don't have to worry about missing the train or sky rail, Brett looks after everything.

Visited May 2013
Thank LibbyEastMelbou... O
geelong
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bretts Kuranda Half Day Tour”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently had a fabulous day out on Brett's tour. He was a great a guy to have as a tour guide. He was very informative and interesting, giving me a great rap of the local area on our way to Kuranda.. . The tours it self was great.. The sky rail was amazing... so nice to be close to nature as you shimmy across the tree tops. Kuranda it self, a gorgeous little town with heaps of hippie charm. The train ride down was also fabulous with an ongoing commentary to boot. The scenery was just awesome even in the rain which followed us down the mountain. The cocktail at Palm Cove .. a lovely way to unwind.....definitely a must for anyone to do whilst in Port Douglas or Cairns. Thanks so much Brett for a great day!

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best tour guide EVER!!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I had the great pleasure of experiencing Brett's tour during our recent Port Douglas stay for our 10th wedding anniversary. Not only was Brett extremely friendly, helpful and incredibly witty, he has an unsurpassed knowledge of the area and is an absolute pleasure to be around. I cannot stress the fantastic value of experiencing this tour. We saw more and learnt more from Brett's half day tour than we could have done by ourselves over our whole 5 day stay. We cannot thank Brett enough. It was by far my favorite memory of our visit to Port Douglas. We will certainly be returning in the future and will definitely be singing Brett's accolades to all our friends and family. Do yourselves a favour people and book with Brett. You won't be disappointed!!!

1 Thank baseikam