“Ruined our wedding” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lure Restaurant & Bar

Lure Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the Reef Marina Boardwalk, Lure Restaurant offers Premium views over the waters of Dickson inlet, with a stunning outlook to the ranges beyond. Perfect for your early morning breakfast, alfresco style lunch, or sample local food and beverages in the late afternoon Sundowners and Tapas.
“Ruined our wedding”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having been a regular at this place we noticed a downhill slide over the 2 months before our wedding with terrible service & the standard of food slipping. We were assured by wait staff that our wedding would be a different matter....how wrong they were.
On the lead up to the event we were only able to speak with the wedding organiser between a 2 hour window once a week making it a very stressful experience as she could not confirm details often advising she needed to check with the owner, it was then another week before we would get an answer. The owner was unwilling to speak with us himself.
On the night they forgot to hand out champagne for toasting at the speeches.
They threw our cake away after the event ( despite us going to the restaurant 3 times the week after the wedding to collect left over wedding stuff) - having already charged us to cut our cake & serve it so it had been taken into the kitchen out of sight on the night.
It also took them 6 weeks to return the $1000 of the unspent bar tab and they were unable/unwilling to give us an itemised bill from the bar tab as previously agreed.

When I contacted the owner to follow up having our unspent bar tab returned he was extremely rude and actually nasty.
He told me it was our fault for not providing them with the relevant bank details ( we actually had emailed these as had a family member prior to the wedding when the agreement was made)
He further snapped at me that it was our fault champagne was not served on the night as we should have reminded staff ( this was agreed before hand both written and verbally with the restaurants wedding coordinator, who was there on the night)
The owner, Wayne, then proceeded to tell me it was our fault that the cake was thrown away as we hadn't come to collect it. ( we attended the venue 3 times during the week following the wedding to collect stuff from the wedding asking staff if we could have whatever was left over from the wedding - yet this is our fault as we didn't specify that we wanted access to whatever was in the cold room)
I was so upset by the nasty tyrade of abuse from the owner & told him we had been regulars prior to our wedding, he told me it was not his problem. I told him that it was a shame he felt this way & that I would share this experience with others. The owner proceeded nastily to tell me that he 'would tell others what I am like'. At this point I felt he must be somewhat unhinged as I do not have a local business, work in another town as a social worker & have no skeletons in my closet & he does not know me personally. I feel this is a very nasty man attempting to intimidate me from sharing our experience of our wedding at Lure. I had the telephone on speaker @ work & my colleagues were stunned by the nasty way this man spoke to me. He did succeed for a while, hence the delay in writing a review but I have decided not to be the victim of a bully and will let readers decide for themselves.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Katiejacks

“Very impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Had a fantastic breakfast here this morning.
It was one of the few places I could find on the Internet that were open for breakfast.

The meals are well priced (eg eggs Benedict $14)
I had the pancakes. Absolutely delicious! My partner had the 'big breakie' and couldn't finish it as it was so big. Very well cooked.
The waitress was lovely and attentive.
The location is beautiful by the Marina.
Will definitely return!

1 Thank MistyBlue000
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice spot overlooking the Marina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Had a hassle free, cheapish lunch here. The fish and chips are a must, just for the way they're presented. Nice to sit outside watching the activity in the Marina. Friendly staff, free wifi

Sydney
“Would you like a caterpillar with your salad?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was all set to enjoy lunch at Lure and it started so well. A perfect mojito, overlooking the marina on a beautiful sunny day. My chicken fajitas were also good but then ...

I asked for one more tortilla to finish up the chicken. The waitress agreed "they never give you enough" before sheepishly returning to say they would charge $1 for another tortilla. I'm not meaning the large tortillas, I mean the mini ones. $1!

The icing on the cake though was when a caterpillar crawled out of my husbands salad. He politely pointed it out to the waitress. She laughed and brought the bill.

Visited November 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Fabulous spot for a drink!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We didn't eat here, but have a cocktail or two. Adam the waiter and his bar staff were so friendly and the view is picture postcard

Visited November 2012