“Best coffee in Port Douglas”
Review of The Coffee Club

The Coffee Club
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Coffee Club at Port Douglas is open 7 days a week from 7am and offers a welcoming and relaxed place to dine either al fresco or in air conditioned comfort. Whether you are looking for an all-day breakfast menu, a light snack, or a long lunch , The Coffee Club is the perfect destination for you. We welcome families and offer a great kids menu - 'where will I meet you?'
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Consistently great coffee with friendly service and the calamari is amazing. I've only ever had good experiences and will continue to return.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The first problem with this place is surprisingly the coffee. I purchased a coffee from this place twice and both times the staff burned it. Ordered Eggs Benedict and it was average. Hollandaise had no taste but the eggs were cooked perfectly.
Very poor value for money!!

CoffeeClubPD, Manager at The Coffee Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear Silje R,

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise that your coffee was not to your liking. I have spoken to Management and we have identified the training/operational issue that may have caused this. I am very grateful that you have let us know.

Great to hear that you were pleased with the preparation of your eggs. I will pass on the positive feedback to our Team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I come here for lunch I ordered a late brekky and my partner ordered the calamari the food was good and the place is nice but after lining up for 15min and after ordered we were given a price figure way too big for what we ordered after questioning it we were told that we were charged a 50% surcharge which was an extra $20 for them deciding to open an hour earlier on Anzac Day not to mention there were no signs nor did they notify us before ordering which really spoiled the whole meal...i reckon it's a bit if a joke that shops within Port Douglas charge a surcharge for nothing charges ranging from 10% to a whopping 50%

Dear SamGTR,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Great to hear that you enjoyed the Café and the food.

The surcharge for Public Holidays is only 15%, not 50%, and I do apologise that our signage wasn't prominent enough to effectively communicate that prior to you placing your order.

I also apologise for the 15min wait to be served. Unfortunately, most other food outlets were closed for the day, which meant The Coffee Club was one of the few destinations for food and coffee, causing delays in service.

Thank you again for your feedback and hope you try The Coffee Club at Port Douglas again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

The place is looking a little tired these days. And the service a little hap hazard. But the coffee was excellent and the omelette cooked to perfection. So spend a little money on the place and all will be good again !!!!!!!

CoffeeClubPD, Manager at The Coffee Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Criticalmick,

Thank you so much for feedback and compliments about our food and coffee.

Our Baristas and Cooks strive to deliver quality products everyday and can take care of any special requests customers may have.

Thanks again for the kind words and review.

Regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Coffee taste like soap very very slow service coffee was replaced yet with another crap coffee very disappointed end up walking out.

Dear Memphis83,

Thank for taking the time to provide the feedback about your visit.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the Management Team that your coffee was not to your liking and didn't meet your expectations.

Your feedback is much appreciated as it enables us to identify operational issues, training and improve our business.

Kind regards,