“Outstanding”

Harrison's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Harrisons Restaurant exists in a setting that is made for romance and fun. The colonial style house and colourful gardens create a wonderful atmosphere for cocktails, romantic dinners and celebratory events. Food is skillfully created using produce that is always fresh and preferrably local. Spencer Patrick, owner of Harrisons, has navigated Harrisons as an award winning restaurant since it's inception in 2007. Harrisons has consistently held national accolades for it's food and wine and stands alone as Port Douglas' only One Hat rated restaurant in the QLD Good Food Guide. Spencer's style draws from his training in classic French cuisine and love for all things English. His belief is that good food can be enjoyed any where in the world, but what better place to enjoy it than in Paradise!
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Amazing food and drink in this chic setting of Port Douglas, really nice French food. Great staff and very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Harrison's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I visited Harrisons when in Port Douglas last week.. It looks lovely at night with the fairy lights on the tree outside and draws attention to the restaurant. We loved the decor and layout and the staff were fantastic, professional and chatty.

Two of us had the set course menu partly to keep cost down and also because there wasnt much on the main menu that intrigued us. We received a complimentary amuse bouche which was really lovely. The food was good although not necessarily spectacular as hoped. The combinations may sound odd but what we had really worked well. Its a shame some of the main courses are for 2 to share as the lamb sounded great. The waitress had really good knowledge of the menu even though it had only been changed recently.

Overall, our favourite things about the evening was the setting and decor. Food was good but perhaps a little pricey....

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I dined here tonight after myself being excited for weeks and having booked in advance for our honeymoon.

Upon arriving we were greeted by a lovely waiter and taken to our seats. Given water and menus straight away as well as perfectly fresh baked bread - delicious and something you would usually have to pay for. A complimentary touch was an amuse bouche, interesting and delicious.

Reading through the menu I was a little disappointed. There was nothing that overly caught our attention in the entree field and very different to what I had seen earlier. We chose cured salmon and charred leek. Both were very unusual but were OK, I wouldn't order them again.

Mains we chose the shared slow roasted lamb. This was extremely well cooked and very yummy, we were impressed. At the same time, sorry but extremely over priced.

We got to dessert and had what my husband thought was a, must have, chocolate fondant and the homemade apple pie. These were to die for and were the saviours of the night.

Overall the atmosphere was pleasant, the food was alright and we enjoyed our night. I wouldn't come again in a hurry without a menu update. Given 4 stars for the dessert and service.

1  Thank Brooke F
Reviewed February 5, 2014

After having to talk my wife into going, as she thought there was nothing on the menu that sounded nice, we got a table , and i had my fingers crossed.
First of all i would like to comment on the menu in general; the 2 main course meat dishes, the lamb and the steak have to be shared by 2 guests ( sorry doesn't make sense, when they are only 4 or 5 other things to choose from).
WE had 2 entrees and 2 main, and without boring everybody, we didn't like any, flavours where confused and didn't work.
Service was good, wine good.
Sorry to give a poor review, but it was warranted

2  Thank common1
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Harrisons was the most hospitable memorable restaurant. My fiance organised my birthday and proposal there, they were warm, friendly and made the whole night enjoyable and unforgettable! Their food was delicious!!!
I highly recommend them whilst in Port Douglas!

1  Thank Eli H