“#1 in port by a mile!!!!!”
Review of Harrison's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Harrison's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Harrisons Restaurant exists in a setting that is made for romance and fun. The colonial style house and colourful gardens create a wonderful atmosphere for cocktails, romantic dinners and celebratory events. Food is skillfully created using produce that is always fresh and preferrably local. Spencer Patrick, owner of Harrisons, has navigated Harrisons as an award winning restaurant since it's inception in 2007. Harrisons has consistently held national accolades for it's food and wine and stands alone as Port Douglas' only One Hat rated restaurant in the QLD Good Food Guide. Spencer's style draws from his training in classic French cuisine and love for all things English. His belief is that good food can be enjoyed any where in the world, but what better place to enjoy it than in Paradise!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I cannot understand how this restaurant could be 2nd behind Salsa's? After dining at each there is simply no comparison! Yes it is fine dining and yes it is slightly more $$ than other restaurants, however the quality is outstanding. Personal choice the bugs for entree and the duck for main. We have dined at quite a few top restaurants around the country and Harrisons is certainly up there. Cant wait to dine there again soon.

There are newer reviews for Harrison's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Dined here for my birthday on 31 January and we had a brilliant evening.The service was first class and we felt like honoured guests amidst the tasteful decor and ambience in this restaurant. We had the Chateaubriand to share which was faultless.This restaurant delivers the complete package for a first class dining experience.We are returning again in the next few days to entertain relatives there ,as we have found this to be unquestionably the best in the Port Douglas region.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner on 29th January and it is our view that this should definately be the number one restaurant in Port Douglas. We have previously been to the supposed number one "Salsas" on our last visit and were disgusted - they couldnt cook my fish 3 times!! I was ready to get in the kitchen and cook it myself!!

Based on the reviews we have seen here (although everyone seems to rate Salsas) we decided to go here and we are so happy we did.

My husband had the sashimi for his entree and the duck for the main - both amazing dishes - especially the duck - it was the best duck I have ever tasted - beautifully cooked, so tender and amazing sauce.

I had 1 of the scallops, the bug entree and the ox cheek for main. All were so good I wanted to go back the next night - they were all decent portions too - 2 bugs and the blood orange butter and fennel puree all worked so well together. The ox cheek was so tender - it just fell apart and the mash was beautiful, creamy and buttery. I just about couldnt finish it all.

We were full but decided to share the lemon meringue for dessert - a beautiful, light marshmallow filled with a great lemon curd and a beautiful hit of sherbet.

All in all this was the best restaurant we have been to in Port Douglas and did not find it at all expensive - just over $200 for two entrees, one scallop, 2 mains, a dessert and a bottle of wine.

The staff are great and friendly and we would definately be back there again on our next visit - probably every day and I hope next time Harrisons is the number one restaurant in Port Douglas!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you step into what looks like a gorgeous beach house turned restaurant, the friendly wait staff make you feel perfectly at home and ease with the menu choices. My husband and I have been for lunch before but first time for dinner. We shared three entrees of kingfish sashimi, pork belly and bugs. The food quality was superior and my husband who is extremely picky with food was over the moon with the menu. He had the barramundi and I had the duck- truly delicious thank you!!! I can't wait to come back next year!! Also the front of house manager was amazing!!! Thank you Harrison's we can't wait to come back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my second trip to Harrison's and I was a bit nervous that it wouldn't live up to my expectations after a wonderful first time visit. Thankfully I was worried about nothing!

Service was excellent, I always appreciate some advice from the wait staff - I think it shows that they care about your experience and makes for a more enjoyable evening.

All the food was delicious, (my husband and I shared the Lamb), I had the suggested cocktail on arrival (Lychee), entrees were fantastic also...sadly no room for dessert this time round.

Have been to several Port Douglas restaurants and believe that Harrison's should be rated #1; no question about it.

Highly recommended.