“Nothing special”

Port Douglas Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Port Douglas Day Spa is Gold Mark Day Spa which has recently been totally renovated and refurbished and regarded as a true sanctuary in the middle of our busy tourist town. The most recommended Day Spa in our region. The Spa has 5 large treatment rooms, a dressing room, a couples room with a private bathroom, an Oriental Therapy room and relaxation room. The treatments on offer are all massage therapy modalities; Aromatherapy Massage, Relaxation, Deep Tissue, Swedish, Lymphatic, Oriental therapies i.e. Acupressure, Shiatsu, Traditional Thai and Tibetan massage, Hot Stone Therapy and Pre-Natal Massage. Body Scrubs, Herbal Wraps,special Detox treatments and Jetlag packages. We specialize in Spa party packages... We provide all beauty services; Facials, Manicures, Pedicures, eyelash, eyebrow tinting and Waxing. We are proud stockists of [Comfort Zone] Beauty and Spa products normally only used in 5 star resorts around the world and use Zoya chemical free nail products from Spain. All treatments are provided by a team of highly qualified and experienced practitioners and guaranty a Service of Excellence
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I only went here for a short treatment but the rooms and ambience are very ordinary. The therapist was also very junior although I may just have been unlucky. I think there are probably nicer spas in Port.

There are newer reviews for Port Douglas Day Spa

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We had a hour long hot stone massage and went back to try the ear candling
And both visits were delightful

2  Thank timmyd1978
Reviewed April 2, 2012

i got a 1hr massarge that seemed to go on forever
it was brilliant

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I loved every minute of my half hour Swedish massage with Claudia. She made every effort to fix my shoulder which had been playing up and found all these other kinks in my back and worked all of them out too! The only downside was that the rooms are situated right above a pub and at the time, a large group of people were outside (loudly) enjoying their time at the pub. I wasn't put off though, I just didn't pay it any attention.

1  Thank kaddy1_8
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We visited here as the brochure presented the place so well and the lady was so friendly when we walked in. The 90 min massage was awkward and excruciating, I could not wait for it to end. There was no flow, and certainly no relaxation - I wanted to leave after ten minutes. I certainly wish we hsad gone elsewhere, should have done a bit of research on that spur of the moment decision.

9  Thank lyndaal
FrickerSydney, Owner at Port Douglas Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

What a shame Lyndaal .I've checked with your therapists to see what happened .You had requested deep tissue for your partner and I had put him with a therapist reknowned for her firm pressure ( mercilessly deep pressure is a hot favourite ! ).As you were in the couples suite , your therapist was also present and distinctly remembers the therapist checking if the pressure was O.K. - to which he responded in the affirmative .
Your therapist , however , specialises in Korean Medical massage and is most famous for his ability to shift deep seated blockages and restore harmony to poor , stressed knotted up bodies .This is not the most " flowing " massage and is better suited to those who need a problem solver . Please forgive us for not putting you with a lighter , gentler masseur - it was a particularly busy day and I'd managed to put you in at the last minute , into our two last available spots .