“Lovely meal and atmosphere!”

Finz Seafood Restaurant and Take Away
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We loved this seafood restaurant. We used our Entertainment book voucher. Would go back again in a flash :)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ordered take away. The salmon bruschetta was nice and refreshing and the barra and salmon fillets were fantastic. We were expecting fried up calamari rings that you usually get from seafood take away but ended up with delicious calamari pieces lightly spiced and cooked to perfection. There was a mix up over the phone with the order and the staff were perfectly obliging and friendly fixing the issue. Definitely recommend

Reviewed August 15, 2014

The food, staff, atmosphere and location are excellent. As this was our first day in port douglas we had not booked any place for dinner most places had an at least half hour waiting time. We came across to finz and they advised that it will only be 15-20 minutes they just needed to clear down and set up the table and we were asked to take a seat at the bar while we waited, the table was ready before we even got our drinks but we were still left to wait the what seemed to be the standard 15 min wait time as we observed other patrons going through the same ritual. This would be my only criticism of the restaurant as it seems a ploy to get you to buy more drinks.

1  Thank Marie P
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my dinner experience at Finz last night! Open air, fully booked and great service - this is a "nice dinner out" experience in Port Douglas, up the quiet end of McCrossin Street.
We had pink mojito cocktails (refreshing), oysters, fresh warm sourdough (yum!!!), seafood linguine and fish and chips (the highlight! The batter was to die for). The serving sizes are decent, prices reasonable and whole experience was a joy. Highly recommended (but make sure you book!!).

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I started with Shucked oysters natural, they tasted great but did not listen to my request to have them served with lime and soy! My partner enjoyed the Garlic prawns. I then had to have a Mud crab from the tank, it was perfectly cooked and tasted sweet and delicious. My partner had ruby snapper which was unfortunately over cooked and a little dry. The crab got full marks the rest was average for the prices paid. I was a little disappointed