“Awful”

Finz Seafood Restaurant and Take Away
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

The restaurant was only half full but we still had to wait 30 minutes for a table (wish we hadn't but we'd just arrived in D and were starving). Maitre'd couldn't care less; service was slow, food was terrible, avoid at all costs.

Visited November 2012

Gaillac, France
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went to Finz because it said "seafood". We were not disappointed with our choice. Pleasant maitre d', good service, good advice on the wine - the better Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc - and the food was excellent. We shared half-a-dozen natural oysters which were to die for, then shared prawns and bugs in a cream sauce - so much nicer than char-grilled for our taste - and then barramundi and catch of the day, both of which were well cooked and very tasty. Enjoyed the evening very much.

Visited November 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Fish & Chips excellant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great for seating, and good service. The fish was large fillet moist, and the side salad was crunchy, and went well with the chips and fish.

Visited October 2012
Pacific Palms
“Finz is Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I dined as a single at Finz at Port Douglas in October for dinner. The best Mussels ever I have tasted in a long time. The staff were very attentive and had a great dining experience. They made me welcome as a single and I could see they seated others accordingly. Love love loved it!

• Visited October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“One to miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Did not have a good experience at Finz. Service was poor and so was the quality of the food. The menu reads well but what you get is not really what's described. I ordered the seafood linguine and after only getting part the way through it I ate something that tasted really awful. It appeared to be tiny little pieces of fish. I asked the waitress what the fish was and she said coral trout as that's what it said on the box!!! She took my plate and checked with the chef. After serving a few other tables she finally came back with some excuse from the chef that sometimes the fish can have a bitter flavour. Really??? My meal was inedible and I was offered nothing else and still charged for it!! My husband had steak which was supposed to be served with frilled prawns, bugs and scallops and there were no Moreton Bay bugs on the plate!! Very disappointing experience

• Visited October 2012