“One to miss”

Finz Seafood Restaurant and Take Away
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“One to miss”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Did not have a good experience at Finz. Service was poor and so was the quality of the food. The menu reads well but what you get is not really what's described. I ordered the seafood linguine and after only getting part the way through it I ate something that tasted really awful. It appeared to be tiny little pieces of fish. I asked the waitress what the fish was and she said coral trout as that's what it said on the box!!! She took my plate and checked with the chef. After serving a few other tables she finally came back with some excuse from the chef that sometimes the fish can have a bitter flavour. Really??? My meal was inedible and I was offered nothing else and still charged for it!! My husband had steak which was supposed to be served with frilled prawns, bugs and scallops and there were no Moreton Bay bugs on the plate!! Very disappointing experience

• Visited October 2012

Queensland
“Shame you can't get good seafood at a seafood restaurant near the Great Barrier Reef.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were taken to Fins by some locals who hadn't tried it yet and after something new. We were met by a waiter who made us feel it was inconvenient to fit us in despite several empty tables. The waitress made up for him with friendly demeanor and good service. Unfortunately our seafood orders were very dissapointing. The fish and chips was overcooked & not as good as the local fish n chip store. The seafood linguine boasting reef fish amongst other seafood was tasteless despite the apparent chilli & garlic additives and the fish tasted like it could have come out of a can. We chose not to stay for desert after a very unimpressive main. Shame such a nice location could not deliver.

“Overpriced and under seasoned”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We visited on Halloween night this year. The waitresses were good but the wine was warm, great start. The prawn starter was bland and the cocktail dipping sauce was tasteless. After salt and lemon it was 'just ok.' The paella was the same, a tasteless bowl of underseasoned food which just didn't come together as a dish at all. At $69 a pop we expected 'fireworks!' We were underwhelmed, to say the least, paid the extortionate bill of $140 and looked for a chip shop. We won't be returning.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sensational dinner”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a very memorable dinner here it was sensational the best red emperor I've ever eaten, I also had my first cocktail which I shall always remember, it also was sensational.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Best value seafood in Port Douglas”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This has to be best value for money seafood in Port. We got the 3 tierded seafood stack for two which includes a bottle of wine for $149. In Melbourne this would be $149 per person! Seafood was fresh and bountiful. Fish, prawns, bugs, oysters, crayfish (lobster), you name it... We got it! Great service also, informed waiters with casual attitudes.

• Visited October 2012