“Thank you for a wonderfull day.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Great Barrier Reef Snorkel and Dive Cruise from Cairns by Luxury Catamaran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the Great Barrier Reef aboard Passions of Paradise, the current Australia Tourism Award Winner (Adventure Tourism)Sailing daily, let our friendly, dedicated staff introduce you to another world teeming with exotic fish life, coral gardens, and spectacular views. Visit Michaelmas Cay, and our exclusive Paradise Reef location, away from the crowds.Every afternoon, our bar opens, and guests relax in comfort as we raise the sails and cruise back to Cairns.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Thank you for a wonderfull day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am an Irish older lady travelling alone, and I went out on Passions of Paradise with a certain amount of nervousness, I wanted so much to do the introductory scuba dive and perhaps snorkel also - on the Great Barrier Reef. A lifetime ambition of mine. I succeeded in doing both, all due to the care and attention of the crew. They were a most encouraging and happy group and seem to want all their customers to safely have good time. When I went scuba diving the ratio for me, was one instructor to two people, and we held on to his hands all the time, I certainly wasn't letting go! When I went snorkling the sea was a little rough and a very kind instructor came out with me alone, towing me along with a ring, a bit undignified but at least it meant that I could actually snorkel. I saw the most wonderfull coral and colourful fishes on a day I will always remember. At the end of the day we were all on first name terms. The instructors are a talented bunch, my scuba instructor entertained us on the way home with rather brilliant magic tricks. Is there no end to this man's talent!

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great day out on the reef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a great reef trip, from the beginning the staff couldn't have been more friendly and very inviting. The boat trip was great, I was afraid I would get seasick but they drove the boat perfectly so no one got sick. I don't snorkel and when the staff found out they went above and beyond to make my day great! Popeye the skipper was awesome and came over and talked to me and a couple of other people for quite a while, they offered me a free drink and let me go on the glass bottom boat ride which was cool for free as well. They couldn't have been any nicer. My boyfriend did snorkel and said the reef and fish were beautiful. We saw the other boats leaving in the morning packed full of people, but our catamaran was not overly full and the skipper stated they limited the number of people so it wasn't packed which was very nice. Everything was nice and clean and lunch was good. Overall a great day out!!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Laura B
Palmwoods, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The staff make this tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Beautiful catamaran, amazing lunch and really really awesome staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them, keen to tell a joke and really informative. Thanks for a great trip.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Kate R
Cairns, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GO ON, SPOIL YOURSELF!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Thank you so much guys for an amazing day on the Great Barrier Reef and on the boat.
I have been on Passions a few times over the years and always had an amazing day out. So when my family came to visit and wanted to go to the reef, Passion of Paradise were my only choice.
From the moment we got on board to the moment we left we were looked after by a very happy friendly and knowledgeable team.
We were a group of 2 certified divers and 2 snorkellers (that were alittle scared of going onto the open sea). The guys on board offer a guided snorkel trip and instruction on how to snorkel. This was invaluable for my family, it helped them relax and gain confidence as they snorkelled around beautiful Michaelmas Cay.They loved it!!! My partner and I had a great day doing 2 dives at the most stunning reef.
Thank you for taking us to Long Bommie....BREATHTAKING :) We also had time to snorkel after diving.
Food was delicious :) Great atmosphere, great crew! Thank you to Adam, Brett, Russell, Simon, Ellie and everyone else that made our day fun and memorable.....

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Anna P
Cairns, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such an Awesome day on the Great Barrier Reef.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Last week we went on the Passions boat out from beautiful Cairns. Wow what a great day.
The boat is really comfortable and clean. The complimentary food was fantastic and plenty of it.
We did two dives and got to see so much of the reef, really amazing stuff.
But best of all was the staff, they were so helpful and attentive to the needs of all the passengers, I was so impressed.
I must say I have been on a lot of day tours before but this one is the best in every way.

Visited September 2012