“Wow great food and service”

Villa Romana Trattoria
Ranked #99 of 643 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When we come up to Cairns we always eat here, the food is always good quality and fresh.
Generous servings and really good value, plenty of wait staff to look after you.
This place is better than some of the high end restaurants in town. Try any of there dishes even the Prosciutto four cheese pizza its a winner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A group of 10 of us ate here..we all ordered different things!! All meals were delicious especially my Pasta Marinara!! Best marinara I have ever had!!YUM

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

They have so many staff that you are always able to attract their attention and are never left waiting for your next drink or the bill. They were friendly and fast. Their bolognese has a unique taste and was a huge sized meal. Their meatball pasta was not as large but very tasty. Make sure you get their ciabatta garlic bread if you eat there. The cocktail i had was average but others might be nice. The oysters were delicious and large but my partner vomited violently for about two hours after eating them so not 100% sure about that. We would still eat here again. Great value meals.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice seating and atmosphere, very attentive & pleasant staff, excellent food and great service made this an extremely pleasant dining experience in Cairns. We'd recommend this restaurant to all our family and friends.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

No problems here, wife had the mixed seafood grill and I had a pizza. The wait staff was attentive, which is what I like to see. They weren't always asking us if everything was okay, but they had an eye on our table the whole time. It seemed to be a collective thing for them, but our main waiter made sure to make eye contact when he would walk by in case we needed something. I had already finished my pizza and my fork dropped on the ground when I moved my plate away and out of nowhere comes a waiter with another fork almost immediately. It's similar to what you see in Italy actually...which may explain why you have to ask for your check. I don't fault them for this however. Also, they have Italian speaking staff, which is always cool.