“Fast service and friendly staff.”

Villa Romana Trattoria
Ranked #49 of 638 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

They have so many staff that you are always able to attract their attention and are never left waiting for your next drink or the bill. They were friendly and fast. Their bolognese has a unique taste and was a huge sized meal. Their meatball pasta was not as large but very tasty. Make sure you get their ciabatta garlic bread if you eat there. The cocktail i had was average but others might be nice. The oysters were delicious and large but my partner vomited violently for about two hours after eating them so not 100% sure about that. We would still eat here again. Great value meals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice seating and atmosphere, very attentive & pleasant staff, excellent food and great service made this an extremely pleasant dining experience in Cairns. We'd recommend this restaurant to all our family and friends.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

No problems here, wife had the mixed seafood grill and I had a pizza. The wait staff was attentive, which is what I like to see. They weren't always asking us if everything was okay, but they had an eye on our table the whole time. It seemed to be a collective thing for them, but our main waiter made sure to make eye contact when he would walk by in case we needed something. I had already finished my pizza and my fork dropped on the ground when I moved my plate away and out of nowhere comes a waiter with another fork almost immediately. It's similar to what you see in Italy actually...which may explain why you have to ask for your check. I don't fault them for this however. Also, they have Italian speaking staff, which is always cool.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

From the moment you are seated in this restaurant the anticipation grows. You just know from the quality of service, the surroundings and the general hubbub of kitchen noises that this will be great. Great it was! The menu is overwhelming. So much choice! You just have to visit this restaurant. It is right opposite the boardwalk of the esplanade. You don't often describe a restaurant as an adventure, this one definitely is!

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My first time at villa was yesterday for Lunch
and it was lovely! So good in fact that I went back again today with family!