“Best Balinese in Cairns”

Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 622 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Took my hubby for a lovely meal at this restaurant as it is his favourite. Fish was so soft and moist and the duck curry so tasty. The restaurant décor is truly Balinese and the staff very friendly. Cannot fault it.

There are newer reviews for Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Another incredible dining experience at the Bayleaf! The roasted suckling pig (only available Fri/Sat nights) was simply awesome, the meat slow cooked over coals in a custom built BBQ.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

This place is ok, but the quality if the food is similar to a buffet Bali breakfast rather than an ala carte Bali restaurant, and the serving sizes are very small - I'd call the main a side plate.

They had Bintang with is the only positive thing I can say about it - it was very busy, so maybe I just had a bad dish, or the place is riding on its high score in Trip Advisor.

Not worth the effort in my opinion, go to woolworths and buy a pack of 2min mie goreng noodles and it's just as good.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

this is def a tourist town, wait staff is paid by the hour and don't rely on tips. this was never more evident on my trip to Australia than here. our waiter was absolutely rude. he also have us a bill that wasn't our's (it was more). food was alright but this guy ruined it and apparently he's been there a while.

4  Thank vicmarley
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My second time to this restaurant. I'd been there two years earlier on a work trip and had eaten there and was keen to return. I wasn't disappointed, the food was melt in your mouth delicious yet again. I rep recommended this place to two other sets of friends who we're visiting Cairns and they all all loved it. Highly recommended!