“Anniversary Bliss!”

Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 596 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Queensland, Australia
“Anniversary Bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband surprised me with the double cooked duck for our first anniversary :) What an experience! We arrived to friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure that everything about our dining experience was amazing. The atmosphere took me back to Bali (where we celebrated our wedding!), from the smells to the music and as I mentioned, the friendly staff.

The duck was amazing, and catered to my gluten free diet to a tee (apart from the soy sauce condiment, make sure you ask first if you are gluten free). As in Bali, we loved the lemongrass/chilli condiment which the staff happily provided more of. While it wasnt crispy duck as per Balinese cuisine, it was still amazing, with smoky flavours, and a delicious stuffing, well worth ordering ahead. My only warning is this - if there are only the two of you, you will struggle to finish this delicious duck, but well worth the effort to try!

I had the gluten free clove and kaffir lime creme brulee which was heaven in a mouthful!! I tried to share with hubby as it was our anniversary, but I could have polished it off all on my own!! nom nom nom is the best I can say - if you love Balinese cuisine and great service, with atmosphere to match, I must recommend this restaurant to you! A wonderful anniversary for the two of us!!

Gatton, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We made booking Tuesday evening and the place was well patronized. The restaurant is part of the Bay Village Tropical Resort. The service was great - the waiters seemed passionate about what was on offer. Food came quickly. We ordered seafood sate (sate lilit) and sate & sambal kacang (mixed satays) for entree. Lamb stew kambing mekuah and John got hasil laut panggang $31.50 marinated grilled prawns, squid & fish fillets with yellow rice. We were constantly asked if we wanted more rice which was nice but honestly enough was given to start with. Food sizes were generous and we couldn't fit in dessert. My husband had a lovely Sauvignon Blanc wine with his dinner. No moscato on the wine list :( and I was designated driver. Waitress explained what was on offer as each dish came to the table. Would definately eat here again if staying in Cairns. Very reasonably priced and very tasty. Shame restaurant is located way up other end of town (behind hospital). Only area to improve is seating is a little tight.

Tolga, Queensland
“Fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, his daughter, sister, brother-in-law, and myself had a wonderful dinner on Friday night. I had chilli and lime prawns in coconut milk, which was different to what I expected but quite tasty. Everyone else had a set menu which included entree, soup, a selection of mains and some dessert. I would recommend the set menu, especially for people who haven't tried Balinese food before, as this gives you a great range of food to try. The service was great despite the fact that they were busy. The waitress was knowledgable, attentive and friendly. We were seated outside, which was good because it was quite noisy inside due to the number of people dining there.

All in all, it was a great place to eat and we would definitely go back. Hopefully soon!

Adelaide, Australia
“Deliscious food. Great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We tried this restaurant for the first time during our many visits to Cairns. It was an absolute delight! The staff were very friendly and helpful in explaining the dishes which they served to the table. The food...it was amazing in flavour and presentation. The quality was tops as well. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. The decor was very calming as was the music which was in the background where it should be. You can actually have a conversation with your dinner partner without having to shout....a very welcome change from so many other venues.
The first day we visited this great restaurant for lunch, my husband and I enjoyed the set menu platters. The amount of food was more than adequate and was fantastic value for money. We were so impressed we returned again 2 days later for dinner....meals were perfect again. This will become our regular venue for dining whenever we return to Cairns.

• Visited March 2013
“A little visit to bali, for my taste buds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yummy as always. My husband lived in bali for a decade and is very picky about paying for Balinese food. He was surprised by how good it was. And I enjoyed the quail very nice my husband had the duck and we rolled out of there

1 Thank Motherwillowtree