“Fantastic restaurant”

Bayleaf Balinese Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 623 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, his daughter, sister, brother-in-law, and myself had a wonderful dinner on Friday night. I had chilli and lime prawns in coconut milk, which was different to what I expected but quite tasty. Everyone else had a set menu which included entree, soup, a selection of mains and some dessert. I would recommend the set menu, especially for people who haven't tried Balinese food before, as this gives you a great range of food to try. The service was great despite the fact that they were busy. The waitress was knowledgable, attentive and friendly. We were seated outside, which was good because it was quite noisy inside due to the number of people dining there.

All in all, it was a great place to eat and we would definitely go back. Hopefully soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We tried this restaurant for the first time during our many visits to Cairns. It was an absolute delight! The staff were very friendly and helpful in explaining the dishes which they served to the table. The food...it was amazing in flavour and presentation. The quality was tops as well. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. The decor was very calming as was the music which was in the background where it should be. You can actually have a conversation with your dinner partner without having to shout....a very welcome change from so many other venues.
The first day we visited this great restaurant for lunch, my husband and I enjoyed the set menu platters. The amount of food was more than adequate and was fantastic value for money. We were so impressed we returned again 2 days later for dinner....meals were perfect again. This will become our regular venue for dining whenever we return to Cairns.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yummy as always. My husband lived in bali for a decade and is very picky about paying for Balinese food. He was surprised by how good it was. And I enjoyed the quail very nice my husband had the duck and we rolled out of there

1  Thank Motherwillowtree
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Revisited this restaurant , first experience 18 months ago fantastic... This week ... Disaster , had the Balinese banquet food was worse than average ,tasteless and boring . The waiter was too busy to provide decent service , food took ages to arrive. Even the lychee cocktails were not good with no consistancy between drinks. Overall I was very disappointed and won't be returning such a shame as my first visit there was so good !

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We dined here the first time just after cyclone Yasi, it was so hard to find a decent place that was open and of course we couldn't cook because the power was out. The food was great and the staff are very nice. We've had it a few times after the first visit because it was just so yummy. They do take away too which is really convenient!

1  Thank erinoconnor91