Tripadvisor

from $134.29
from $57.36
from $53.99
More Info
All reviews paronella park night tour mena creek hotel kuranda tour light show fantastic tour guide informative commentary port douglas highly recommend this tour butterfly sanctuary train ride jude gts skywalk driver rainforest hartley
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked a full day tour Hartley’s crocodile adventures tour with GTS and after travelling Australia for three months this is one of the best things I’ve done.

Firstly, GTS are the best organised tour company I have been out with. From the prompt pickup outside my accommodation, I was greeted by a very friendly driver ‘Stu’ and was welcomed aboard the bus. I was then given a map of the crocodile park with which I was able to pre-plan my day on the bus. The short 40 minute drive to the park was filled with informative and entertaining knowledge about cairns as we drove through, and Stu gave us detailed information about what to do at the park, and what time our pick-up would be. Upon arrival, Stu escorted us to the front desk where we were given our tickets and shown the pickup point. I like to know exactly what’s going on when I’m out, and there’s nothing that was missed - absolutely fantastic organisation, I really felt like I could sit back and all my needs and questions were taken care of.

Now onto Hartley’s - one of the most interesting days out I’ve ever had. I’m a solo 25 year old female traveller, and there was so much to see and do. The park itself is laid out fantastically, meaning you can explore without having to retrace your steps (which I hate to do) all the while feeling like you’re crocodile Dundee exploring the queensland wilderness. The boat cruise was both factual and hilarious - our driver ‘Nick’ was brilliant and very entertaining. (I’m convinced he’s a direct descendant of the one and only Nick Dundee).
The crocodile attack show was thrilling, terrifying and awesome. Didn’t catch the keepers name but he did an amazing job, in the crocs enclosure and was informative as well as hilarious.
One of the best things about this place is the demonstrations which are all included in the entry price. If you take 5 minutes to plan your day, you can see all of the shows and have time to explore the walks at your own pace. They’re also conveniently timed to allow a generous lunch break in between.
Speaking of lunch, the hot and cold food selection available was great. Some kangaroo and crocodile for the meat eaters, amongst other things like fish and chips and salads, and a substantial 8+ hearty vegetation options (which for me is essential) including bakes, platters, burgers and wraps - all ranging between $10-$30. The restaurant seating overlooking the crocodile waters also kindly allows external food and picnics to be eaten at the tables, which was great.
One little thing to note: there is no reception or wifi available at the park, but the front desk do allow use of their landline if an important call needs to be made when signal isn’t available out the front of the park.
This is by far one of the best days out I’ve ever done, and would recommend to anyone visiting Australia, let alone North Queensland. The park is a wonder, but for the day trip to be organised so well by Global Travel Service was the cherry on top.

Date of experience: January 2020
BradF1159, General Manager at Global Travel Services, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

That is probably one of the best reviews I've ever read!! So glad that we were the receiver of it. That is fantastic that you enjoyed your whole day with both us (GTS) and the fabulous folk at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures.
Thank you for taking the time to send us this awesome review. All the best for your future travels!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Fantsic place for the hole family plenty to see an do even to the food was amazing never tried crocodile we,l this iss the place to go an try.

Date of experience: February 2019

Thanks for the great review! Hartley's definitely do crocodiles well!! You can get up super-close and really appreciated the size and power of these prehistoric creatures!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

The vintage rail trip up to Kuranda and the ride back down on the Skyrail gondola offered us spectacular vistas of the rainforest, the Barron River, and the Coral Sea. The village of Kuranda had great shopping and fun restaurants. Stu, our bus driver from Global Travel Services, was the icing on the cake with his friendly personality and informative narration!

Date of experience: January 2020

Sounds like the perfect day out! Thanks for giving us an amazing review:)

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Wonderful tour
Booked it last minute as we reached Cairnes as saw the brochure in hotel.
Still they picked us hardly in 10mins and it was such a amazing tour whole day, blessed not to missed it that day as no time for us later during our 3days vacation in Cairnes.
Thomas our tour guide cum driver was so so helpful,really appreciatable. Stop at waterfall was great and entire journey was scenic-beautiful.
Took the dinner option and the hotel Mena Creek dinner was good,we tried garlic prawn at additional cost,it’s so fresh-yummy.
Rainforest-sky walk tour was breathtaking
Than Paronella Park tour was awesome and after dinner again the light-sound show in Paronella Park is amazing.
Thomas than stopped for Star gazing while returning and he showed our signs in his phone app. and my teenager daughter just loved it .
A must to do tour while in Cairnes and this tour we find so so nice. Thomas

Date of experience: December 2019

Thanks for this great run down of your day. Super glad you enjoyed! Thomas will be proud to read this - we are proud of him!

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Very good park with several fun activities that can keep a family busy for the whole day. Rangers are very knowledgable. There are variety of animals, a lot of which are endemic to Australia and it's surrounding countries. Furthermore, they do allow you to interact with animals like the kangaroos and wallabies (feeding), take pictures with Koala and Crocodile. Also, there are shows available which are highly entertaining.

The company GTS provided extremely good and on time service as well picking up and dropping at hotel.

Date of experience: December 2019
BradF1159, General Manager at Global Travel Services, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

I am so glad to hear that your tour went smoothly and you loved the destination!
Have a great NY and 2020!