All reviewskuranda scenictwo bedroom apartmentwashing machine and dryerpool areano liftminute walkwithin walking distancevisiting cairnseasy walkgood sizeliving areastayed for nightsair conhostsaccommodationesplanadekitchen
Reviewed September 4, 2012

- large and modern apartment
- very clean
- very friendly staff with great recommendation for dining in Cairns (Bavarian Bierhaus!!)
- good location (a few blocks from "downtown")
- very reasonable price for the quality of the accommodation

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for 5-6 days and were welcomed after hours by Therese who checked us in and gave us a bottle of champagne. Our 2 bedroom apartment was upstairs - normally not a problem, but I had a knee injury so it was great exercise for hubby and kids carrying their own stuff and then mine up the stairs! Walter arranged various tours and offered his expert advice on which ones to choose. We were very glad to have listened to him - we had a one of a kind eco tour into the rain forest with only 1 other family (Wilderness Eco Safaris), a snorkeling/diving tour for the family (Reef Magic Cruises) where our eldest was able to fit in 3 dives while we did an outer reef snorkeling tour and various other activities. This and a visit to Paronella park which we were not sure about were arranged - with significant discounts - by Walter. All were absolutely amazing - and were some of the highlights of our Australian trip this summer (their winter). Although the rooms were "dated" as some comments suggest, the furniture was still in good shape, comfortable and especially - CLEAN. Walter and Therese provided some of the best customer service we have seen in many years and throughout our 6 week trip to Australia - Way to go!
We did not use the fitness centre or room service, hence cannot rate them.

Room Tip: I had a knee injury and it never occured to me to let Therese know. Hence, going up and down the stairs was sometimes difficult after long days of walking, however, it was probably good for it as stairs were part of my physiothereapy! Ask for the type of room you want!
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Our unit was one of the rear ones which overlooked the park. The Kuranda tourist train goes past at 8.30 am and 9.30 am and returns 3.30 pm and 4.30 pm. For us this was a positive feature as we enjoy heritage trains, The apartment was clean, and well serviced. Therese and Walter were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful. They always had time to share information and local knowledge without any pressure. The location was close to town, but still quiet, within walking distance to the shops and on a bus route. We would have no hesitation in staying there again and would strongly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mal T
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights and thought it was perfect. Therese welcomed us on arrival with a bottle of bubbly and was extremely helpful and friendly during our stay (not once did she forget either of my children's names and always stopped for a chat as we were coming and going). The room was very clean and very well equipped. We found the complex to be very quiet, not hearing our neighbours or any street noise at all during our stay. We were given ideas on what to do while in Cairns (including a trip to Rusty's fruit and veg market which I loved) and Therese supplied us with numerous discount vouchers to the local attractions we visited. I will definately stay here again when next travelling to Cairns and will be recommending it to anyone else I who goes.

1  Thank Liz T
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked in for 3 nights and stayed for 2. We stayed in unit 28 which was an unfortunate experience. The neighbours were totally inconsiderate loud music, tv blaring until very late at night, visitors up and down the stairs talking extremely loud in their foreign language. I noted an earlier review had warned that 28 was not a good room. The tenants in 29 are permanent and obviously manage to persuade holiday makers to move on through their behaviour and rudeness.The carpets in the bedrooms were old worn and smelt but I felt the room wasn't tenated often because of the neighbours. The hosts were extremely polite and kind and I am not sure what they can do but if I were them I would definetly think twice about booking anyone into room 28..

Room Tip: not room 28
6  Thank helen m