“Yummy meals with great ambience”

Coolums on the Beach Beachfront Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
sydney
“Yummy meals with great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We ate outside while watching the moon rise. A million-dollar experience for a fraction of the price of Sydney.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank chris19531955

Melbourne, Australia
“Coolums on the Beach has closed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Coolums on the Beach has closed. It's gone gone gone. There is a pleasant little beach bar/restaurant next door.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Stalk_9
Cairns, Australia
“Overpriced and the staff weren't over friendly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Great location. Good food but poor service. I think it has now closed down.

Visited December 2011
Cairns, Australia
“Nothing special at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

We stopped at Coolums after a fabulous weekend in Port Douglas, and the location seemed lovely. The menu was limiting, which I like as it usually suggests that they know what they do well, but this was not the case for our visit. I orfered one of the specials, the Laksa (Which is one of my favourite meals and make/order it often) and my husbane decided to try the steak.
We were both disspointed with the meals. To begin, I didn't get offered a spoon or chopsticks, so it was my first case of eating a Laksa with a fork.....Not recommended! The seafood in the soup was very overcooked- the prawns were dry, tough and chewy. The steak wasn't much better, ordered rare it was medium. The 'mushroom jus' that was to accompany the steak was thin, greasy and only seemed to be there under the chips - So not adding to the flavour of the steak at all. We won't be back, especially for te price, we have had better meals in a local pub at a quarter of the price!

1 Thank michnruss
Australia
“Great location and view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

I ate at Coolums twice while in Holloways Beach and the setting is fabulous, sitting their with a drink right on the beach, you cannot get better than this. The food was good, not fabulous & for the price I guess I expected a little better. Also you had to order vegetables if you wanted something to go with your meat. I am not a big fan of restaurants that do this. The total experience here was very good though.