“Favourite bar in Cairns”
Review of Rattle N Hum

Rattle N Hum
Ranked #102 of 644 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited every night for a few drinks whilst in Cairns and have eaten there a few times too. The place always got very very busy and it had great atmosphere. It’s basically self service (drinks at the bar, food at a separate counter where you pay and they give you a pager to come and collect the food when it’s ready – we experienced this system in Australia a lot and got used to it).

We had pasta, pizza (Rattler), schnitzels – all our meals were really nice and huge portions!!! It is good quality pub food and they are not pretending to be anything else....

It was one of our favourite bars in Cairns and if we ever go back there we will definitely pop in for a drink or two!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment. Food was average, pizza tasted like cardboard. Service non existent. There are better places to spend your money.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food was horrible, and bad service. Which is surprising because it was the busiest place there. Also quiet expensive.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The pub/bar is located on the main strip in Cairns and has a variety of clients ranging from locals, backpackers and the standard tourists.

We ate there twice, once for a steak sandwich and the second for the pizza. The steak sandwich was a normal pub meal, reasonably priced for a pub and to the same standard.The pizza was a decent price and tasted great. We had no problem with staff, although you could tell at times they were a little run off their feet!

The pub is busy and a pub after all, so if you are looking for that personal touch of service or the worlds best meal this isn't the place for you. If you want a meal at a pub with an interesting atmosphere then this is the place for you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I could not believe this place. Firstly, the service was terrible. The girl serving obviously had no customer service skills! It was like we were the inconvenience to her day. Secondly I ordered what I would consider to be a safe option a chicken burger but no... The burger came out cold but also raw like it was partially pre-cooked and then served. I took the burger back only to become yet another inconvenience to which the chef and girl at the counter argued with me that it was cooked. When I showed them that it in fact was raw and I had bitten into it they hesitantly offered me a replacement. I can say by this time I had well and truly lost my appetite and requested refund and will never return or recommend this place.