“great italian food”

Ranked #37 of 633 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are Piccolo Cucina, a traditional Italian restaurant located in the center of Cairns. We take pride specializing in handmade pasta and hand stretched pizza. We support our local quality producers and their seasonal ingredients. Eat with us and be happy!
Reviewed July 13, 2013

quality italian food, pizzas were authentic style and pasta was great. service good with an excellent wine list. highly recommended

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We are locals & have been dining here for years at least every fortnight.
The food is best Italian ever. The pasta is so delicious especially the lasagne.
Deserts sre to die for.
Spent 3 months in Italy & nothing compared to Piccolo Cuccina.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel to Cairns every couple of years and I always crave one thing- and that's the crab lasagna from Piccolo Cucina.
Arrived with pram and Lisa sorted us out for lunch. Ordered my lasagna and beer and my Lordy was it amazing.
Best Italian in QLD- possibly even Australia.
Good work!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Last time, when i went there there wasn't pizza menu. so I had pasta & entree.Last time it was great and today i ordered pizza (capriciosa) it's really sensational.
this place will be one of the best restaurant for me.
it's not easy to find good restaurant in Cairns.
If someone want to real Italian style pizza, go and try it.
the owner also very friendly and all staff also give good service.
i will be there soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We started off with cocktails next door at The Pullman, a great start to the evening. This place was recommended to us, it didn't disappoint. My husband & I shared the crab lasagne for entre, which was Devine. The creamy sauce made it heavy, we were pleased we shared it. I had a special of duck tagliatelle & my husband had spaghetti marinara, we both enjoyed. My husband always has a spot for dessert & he said the tiramisu was spot on. I had a nucello liqueur. I can understand where the negative feedback about service comes from, however we engaged with our waitress & found her great. Made great suggestions on wine to compliment the food & helped us with menu selections. The restaurant had a few 'b list' personalities when we were there too. I'd recommend & return next time in Cairns.