“Lovely meal, nice service”
Review of Tandoori Oven

Tandoori Oven
Ranked #124 of 644 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were able to enjoy a lovely meal with good service, and at reasonable prices. The food took a little while to arrive, but that's common with most Indian restaurants given the time it takes for that style of food to be properly prepared. The hot masala tea was particularly good, and my husband enjoyed the chicken tikka masala since it had more veggies in it than most versions of that dish that we've tried.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I discovered tandoori oven thanks to trip advisor and i am glad i did it . I was craving some indian food during my cairns trip i now totally recommend tandoori oven to those who want to taste the real indian flavors and hospitality .
I ordered a chicken appetizer , a tandoor grilled lamb ( delicious) spinach curry and garlic naan . Food had right spiceness and it tasted fresh , the quantity was excellent too .
Best thing was the service , i met the owner and the chef , great and friendly team . They offered us great indian deserts .
Over all i would totally recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting or in cairns .
One of the best dining experiences ever .
Thanks to tandoori oven and trip advisor .

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been travelling to India, for the first time in many years. Must say, the quality of food has deteriorated! When I happened to visit Cairns early this year however, I found the Indian food I remembered when I left India. Thanks to Tandoori oven, I can now eat to please my mind. The food is not only fresh and authentic, but the service makes it a five star experience. I particularly admired the manager Rohit's passion to deliver the best. I highly recommend this restaurant for an overall experience; a perfect mix of Indian spices and Indian hospitality!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

i was there twice now without having read any reviews... but wanted to check since i believe this restaurant deserves a decent rating! very suprised to see the low ranking and some of the poor reviews. my experience in a nutshell (was there twice for dinner and will go again):
- flawless, great, friendly and most of all fast service
- delicious dishes (had butter chicken today, which was outstanding (although spicy, i have to admit ;-)
- great value as everything is very reasonably priced

only minus in my mind is the somewhat cool atmosphere... no real vibes

my two cents to what i belive is a very underrated restaurant in cairns

1  Thank Philipp S
Reviewed April 3, 2013

One of only a few places in Cairns and Port Douglas where we recieved decent service. The food was good (medium curry is quite spicy though) just a warning! Lamb maybe needs a bit more slow cooking...other wise flavours were lovely. Waiter attentive.