“Welcome back”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Julatten, Australia
“Welcome back”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is our favourite restaurant in Cairns. The food and service and atmosphere is always fantastic. See you soon.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Englewood, Florida
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to La Fetticina 27 Jan as a group of four after finding the restaurant on a GPS locator app. A moderately busy night but we only had to wait about 2 minutes to be seated. Service was good at the wait staff attentive. It was nice to have a sit down meal where we were actually waited one. I had the seafood fettuccini with a cream sauce that was outstanding. In fact everyone in our party raved about their particular dish they ordered. One friend even hunted down the chef and complimented him on what he had, as it was the best he had ever had at an Italian restaurant.

Over all, if I ever visit Cairns again, they will have me as a customer. Good value and large portions (even the small meals). You will not go away hungry. We even went to another Italian restaurant in Brisbane later in the week, and while talking with our waiter there, we found out he used to work at La Futtucina. He told us our meal that night would be good, but it wasn't as good as La Fettucina!

Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“Awesome food”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited La Fettuccina for dinner with 3 others. The service was good as usual. We ordered the bruschetta to share which was good.

I ordered the fettuccine alla marinara and absolutely loved it. The only issue I had was there were a couple of "gritty bits" which could have been due to the mussels in the pasta. The flavour was beautiful though and since it has never happened before I wasn't too disappointed.

The others at the table ordered the ravioli al funghi, risotto al funghi, and the fettuccine all' amatricana. Everyone loved their dishes which we all devoured.

I was born in Cairns and while I don't live there anymore I love coming back to La Fettuccina when I am in town. Will definitely come back on the next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
“Has potential”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We walked around town one evening, looking to satisfy an Italian craving. We finally came across this place and it was moderately busy. They sat us down quickly enough but then it seemed very hard to get there attention afterwards (this was true even when we were trying to pay our bill). Luckily, their food was good (Steak and lasgne). If the service had been better, then I would've given this place a 4.

• Visited January 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Just as great as it was three years ago”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I first had some excellent dinners at La Fettuccina three years ago and I found it was just as good this time around :) One of the best Pasta Carbonaras ever and a friendly owner and great staff. Affordable and charming. A hundred times better than next door restaurant Ochre, which is overrated, overpriced and has lousy food.

• Visited December 2013