“Great wholesome food and relaxing”
Review of Kani's Restaurant - CLOSED

Kani's Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Kanis Restaurant in the heart of Cairns Queensland overlooking the beautiful Cairns lagoon and Esplanade specialises in fine seafood and prime beef.Kani's has a variety of local and International Dishes available to suit every taste.Dine al fresco, on the terrace or in our fully air-conditioned dining rooms.Kanis is oipen for breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week and boasts a a range of modern Australian ala carte menus and a delicious gourmet buffet with all you can eat fresh prawns, oysters and crab! We seat 250 people and can cater for 2 to 200! Kanis Restaurant is also home to The Buddha Bar Cairns which provides a luxurious and ambient cocktail bar, perfect for pre or post dinner drinks and private functions! Our international team of hospitality professionals will ensure your visit to Kani's is the culinary highlight of your visit to Cairns, Queensland.
Melbourne, Australia
“Great wholesome food and relaxing”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Came here on Chinese New Year. Everywhere was packed and people were very rude. Walked around for over an hour trying to find a place to eat. We came across Kani's and the staff were very friendly. Gave us a table for two right away and served us drinks. We had an entre which was delicious, and so were the mains. The fish was cooked to perfection! It was relaxed inside and staff were attentive and helpful. I enjoyed having dinner here on such a crazy warm night.

Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and great staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Been to kanis a few times and the new buffet they have upstairs is excellent. Has a vast array of foods and seafood to suite anyone. The Staff are always courteous and any request to them is always done with a smile. Love the place - make sure it is on your next visit to cairns.

Buddina, Australia
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent meal at Kani's. We were taken to a table inside due to the heat on the street (inside was airconditioned)
We ordered our meals before realising that the restaurant was about to shut for the evening and we were the only people sitting down.
We felt guilty as it was late, but were made welcome by all staff. The food was excellent, the seafood mornay plate was great and the steak my wife ordered was cooked to perfection with an excellent sauce. AT no time did we feel rushed to finish our measl so that the place could shut. I would definately dine here again

Cairns, Australia
“Disappointing Locals, food inedible”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a local that dines out at least 2-3 times a week, I thought I would try Kani's as I haven't been here for a good while due to bad dining experiences previously. They couldn't get us into the venue quick enough. We were told that sitting outside is cooler than the air conditioned inside (this is the steamy rainy season).

We sat on cheap metal outdoor chairs and had the waitress almost harassing us to take our order the 4 times she came over standing over the top of us. The food took some time to come out and I was really looking forward to my coral trout with lemon buere butter sauce. How disappointed I was, the fish was like rubber and translucent, obviously pre frozen and I wouldn't mind betting imported from China (despite being told it was from Australia). It was inedible. The salad was warm, as was the water served to us. The sauce was nothing short of disgusting. The luke warm chips were the best thing on the plate despite being covered in pepper (that's how they came from the kitchen). The waitress asked why I hadn't eaten my fish and I gave her feedback. She did say oh sorry. Now do you want dessert? I wouldn't have trusted another thing coming out of the kitchen.

Sorry guys, I won't be back. I eat out often and friends rely on my feedback for recommendations and unfortunately this is one place I would say to avoid.

It's a shame really as years ago it was a top notch restaurant, but I guess that was under previous ownership.

Cairns
“Good Food and Service shame about the Company”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Kanis for the first time in some months. It was a busy night and we had a tourgroup seated next to us. We received our entree fairly quickly but were advised the mains would take longer than expected and when arrived one of the orders was wrong and was quickly rectafied.

The thing that spoiled the night for us was the obnoxious american sitting at the table next to us that kept complaining even after the problem was rectified about how bad things were for him. I had to leave the resturant without finishing my meal because he so intrusive. The staff couldnt appologise enough for his behaivour.