“What is it with this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fasta Pasta
Ranked #192 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“What is it with this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have eaten here several times and every time I wonder why I don't just order the food to go. I dislike having to go to the counter to order food or another glass of wine. That is my only complaint about Fasta Pasta. The food is so good and very generous portions. It's a lovely place to eat but seems more like a cafe. Everything about the food and drink is great...it just seems as though the dining area should be a little cozy and this would be a perfect place for italian or a romantic date. I gave FP a 4 out of 5 only because of the seating.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Switzerland
“Great food with generous portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate here twice. The food was consistently good and the portions so large that on my second visit, I just went for entree and it was still sufficient.

Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We walked by this place and figured that some Italian food would be nice. I have to say that this is the best Italian food I have had outside of Italy. The staff was extremely nice, and made us feel like we mattered. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Cairns to stop in for a bite here.

Visited January 2013
Cairns, Australia
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Fasta Pasta is one of my favourite restaurants in Cairns, and is definitely my favourite Italian restaurant. My partner and I dine there frequently due to the combination of great food, great prices, proximity to the city, and incredibly friendly service.

Fasta Pasta is always very busy at dinner time (it seems that I'm not the only one who loves it there), but no matter how big the crowd, dinner always arrives very quickly, and is always fresh and delicious. It's fairly quiet at lunch time, and there are often great specials offered if you go during the day.

The staff (including the manager himself) are always incredibly friendly and welcoming. I've never been to a restaurant run by better people.

The Spirali Calabrese (tomato, salami, chili, olives) is my personal favourite, but there is a good range of pastas and pizzas beyond this. I'm always torn between getting my old favourite and trying something new!

Fasta Pasta also offers take-away which we often take advantage of.

• Visited January 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Very delicious pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Good service and nice food. Love that their pasta is not fatty and the rosemary potatoes are really wonderful! The bread is nice as well!

Visited December 2012