“Great Food”

Dundee's Restaurant on the Waterfront
Ranked #24 of 606 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Trinity Inlet at the Waterfront Harbour Lights, Dundee's Restaurant and Kickstart on the Waterfront at Dundees captures three ingredients -- great food, great location and perfect ambience. Dundees has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere in which couples, parties and families can all feel welcome at any time of the day. Dundee's specialises in Australian beef, fresh seafood, pasta and salads, there is a dish to cater for every tastebud. Kickstart is the perfect place to Kickstart your day. It offers hearty and healthy breakfast and brunch options in the morning
Cairns Region, Australia
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I had two outstanding dishes from Dundee's.
For my entree I had the Seafood Chowder and it is by far the best chowder I have ever had! I know that's a bold statement, but it's true. It's also only $13.00.

For my main I had the Aussie Connection which was barbecued kangaroo & crocodile satay skewers served with salad & rice. It was great and was only $22.50.

The service was attentive but not over the top.
The location is lovely overlooking the reef terminal. & Trinity Inlet.

During high humidity try and get a table inside in the air-conditioning.

1 Thank LLTDT

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Devonport, Australia
“Superb Seafood Platter!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We came to Cairns for our wedding anniversary and since we both love seafood, we decided to have a seafood platter for our anniversary dinner. I did extensive research on the net to find the best seafood platter and decided on Dundees. Wow! What a seafood platter! (Please see our photos) It was one of the most memorable meals we've ever had! It was a lot of money ($175 for two) but well worth it. Bear in mind that the platter is priced in line with the market price for the seafood, so it could be more or even less at other times. When you consider that the ingredients are very expensive in the first place, then it's not as expensive as it sounds. On top of that ....... if you arrive between 5:30 - 6pm between Monday - Thursday, you receive 10% off your entire bill, so that reduced the cost for us. Regardless, the meal was absolutely worth it!

Here are the elements of the platter - huge prawns, half a lobster, the most delicious calamari rings, yabbies, oysters, mussels, bug tails, beautifully cooked and flavoured scallops, slices of Barramundi, a huge mud crab and an array of tropical fruits and fresh salad leaves which complemented the meal beautifully - even the chips were exceptional! Oh .... and Dundees sauces too.

All of this delicious food is served to you by the most kind and friendly staff. And you are looking out over the waters of Trinity Inlet. What more could you ask for?

Overall, we found Dundees an excellent dining spot (no wonder it is popular.) It is a beautifully presented restaurant in a stunning location and yet it did not feel 'snobby' at all - perfect!

1 Thank cswjmw
Sydney
“It was unforgetable birthday at Dundee's”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had my birthday celebrated there with my family. We had the set menu and the food was great, especially I liked the seafood chowder. They surprised me with the desert and sparkles. That was really nice.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ocean_breeze65
New York City, New York
“Relaxing lunch”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We enjoyed a relaxing lunch at Dundee's Restaurant. We ordered the Chef's Oysters which were made with mango..delicious! We also had the Aussie Connection, Bucket of Prawns and bugs and the Bacon Mushroom Linguine. Everything was very good. The service was excellent. The view of the harbor, good weather, and not being rushed made it an enjoyable and relaxing lunch.

Visited December 2013
Cessnock, Australia
“perfect position, adequate food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We spied this restaurant coming off a boat and thought we would give it a go as it was so crowded. Well the service was fine , the view was good and the food was adequate, not great just adequate. I had oysters and pasta, my husband spring rolls, and yes it is that type of quite basic menu.Pleasant enough but not a gourmet experience. Prices quite reasonable - $16.95 for lunch quick menu.