“Fish was dry”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Fish was dry”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We both ordered the grilled snapper and it was quite dry unfortunately. I thought a restaurant of this calibre would be awesome, but it wasn't. The service was great though. Dessert was really nice too. Given seafood would be one of the main meals at the marina, I expected better for the price.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank madashell47

“Best pizza”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have been back several times but always for the pizza. They make the best pizza in Cairns. Real Italian waiters and a beautiful setting.

• Visited September 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Terrible food & service and an hour wait”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After a week in north queensland me and my parter chose to eat at Donnini's for our last dinner by chance walking along the pier. I love Italian food and service as it's always hearty and the service warm and friendly. This had to be the worst Italian dining experience i've had.

From the get go our waiter seemed quite rude and was yelling at other staff. the rest of the staff that served us seemed clearly fed up of being at work and didn't come more then once to take our order to check if we wanted any more drinks or to appologise for the wait.

For entree we had the cheesy garlic bread which was pretty bland, i hardly ate any thinking our meal would be coming out shortly. It took another 50 minutes until our mains came out buy which time we were starving and annoyed at how long it had taken but keen to dig in. Again no apology was given by staff for our hour wait.

My partner had the Carbonara and i had a pizza with tomato ham cheese and herbs. Within one bite i was so let down. Most flavour-less meal i've had at a restaurant, fasta pasta could do better or even a microwave pizza at home. And the fact it took them an hour since ordering was ridiculous for such easy boring dishes. I tried my parters carbonara which was the same, bland and tasteless.

Hardly wanted to pay at the end we were both that dissapointed.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Eff O
Cairns, Australia
“Fabulous experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I love seafood and I love italian food. This restaurant offers a match made in heaven!! We ordered the seafood antipasto as our entree. For our main - my friend brought the linguini marimara and I the grilled fillets of atlantic salmon & seared scallops, half way through the meal we swapped plates and we both could not decide who had the best dish. The food is well prepared and delivered with attention and great service. All round a really fabulous and enjoyable experience. The staff are just fabulous and really took great care of us!!! We look forward to dinning at this restaurant again.

• Visited September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“great food and service, and spectacular views”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we've been back several times, at one point the antipasto platter was missing some of the advertised items and the waitress bent over backwards to ensure the situation was rectified. one of the better casual dining places in cairns

Visited August 2012