“Chinese New Year”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a great night, 9 coarse of beautifully presented food, entertainment enjoyable atmosphere nice. Staff friendly although a little slow on the drinks side

1  Thank Bron1956
There are newer reviews for Cafe China Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Smithfield franchise of Cafe China served up what would be the worst example of bland, tasteless noodles with dry unappealing chicken. The meal ended up in the bin after two mouthfuls.

1  Thank Lifeadventurers
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We normally check tripadvisor before trying a restaurant that we haven't been to . On this occasion we forgot to do so. Bad mistake. The location of the restaurant is the only good part about it.
We arrived at 7.30 pm and shown straight to our table, and placed our order by 7.45 pm . So far so good. By 8.20 pm we were getting very hungry and asked the waitress to check on our meals. They arrived at 8.30.
The chili chicken that my husband had ordered was floating in oil and bland and tasteless. He called the waitress over and said it was indelible. She took it away and later told us that she tried it and agreed with us. The replacement dish was chili beef. If you enjoy eating dried old leather boots this is the dish for you. Also tasteless. At this stage my husband left the restaurant to find food elsewhere. I stayed to finish my vegetable and tofu clay pot, which was mediocre but edible.
The prices are extremely high for the quality of food received. You would get better value at a food hall.
We certainly will never return .

3  Thank Kazzy6
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Oh my god, the service in this place is almost non-existant!
Never before have I seen so many service people so expertly avoid customers. I all but had to wrestle one to the ground to order a drink, which when it arrived was poured with half a glass of head and OUT OF DATE! After another ten minutes of trying to get the waiter's attention took it away and advised the bar staff, who reacted as though she'd been shot. I was then advised that all the beer of this kind was out of date and asked to select another. I selected two more beers only to be told that they were both out of date too. I let the waiter select a beer, and so picked Tsingtao, slightly more expensive I found out as he deemed it appropriate to add a few dollars to my bill. Funnily enough, they continued to serve the out of date beers to less observant customers throughout the night.
The food was bland, which he probably should have guessed given they have about 500 different dishes to choose from, few of which they'd do well I assume.
Just don't bother with this place. It's Keystone Cops, but without the laughs.

3  Thank hyperswivel
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Christmas; after long journey to Cairns we wanted to stay local to the hotel, after checking several websites found few places open so we booked here. After booking read several reviews which were not really hopeful of a good meal, however we stuck with it. We were glad we did, manager welcomed us, we had a good table which was quiet but could people watch, quickly given menus and drinks list.Soon after asked for order, needed to ask questions and a bit more time (which was not an issue for our server) about menu, its big, pick up a leaflet before you go if you can at the entrance or checkout the menu on their website. Food came quickly even though it was full. Service was good and friendly, food was of a good quality and reasonable amount, would eat here again and go with friends