“Scrumptious!”

Ranked #5 of 612 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional French Restaurant in Far North Queensland. Established in 2003, C'est Bon is Cairns Local's Favorite Spot for Business lunch, Birthday party, Romantic dinner and many more. Nicolas the Chef/owner and his Team will welcome you with a bonjour and will take you to a France for the time of your meal. Our Fantastic Head Waiter Kevin will make sure your evening is faultless The A la carte menu displays a sample of France's traditional dish for you to enjoy with why not, a bottle of wine from France, Australia or New Zealand...if you are not sure what to choose, Lina, our only Aussie of the team will be happy to help you Choose what matches best your dish and your taste. the weekly changing 3 course set menu has to be the best value in town with complimentary and unlimited bread and butter with any meal, but dont eat too much of it as, Chris, our Pastry Chef, will blow you away with his creations, simply executed, well presented and most importantly to die for. if your favorite French dish isn't on the menu, give us a call to organise it. whether you are a foodie, a connoisseur or a first time with us....talk to us to make sure your evening goes the way you expected it. Bon Appetit
Springfield, Virginia
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice change from Aussie food. We were happy to get a late reservation. We decided on the three course fixed price menu for $45 which was an excellent deal. My husband and I both had the French Onion soup -- we've never tasted a better soup. They put cheese on the top as you would expect but then bake a puff pastry on top of the tureen. Hot but excellent! My husband had the fish of the day, a snapper on creamy rice with little bits of asparagus. I had the lamb shank which just fell off the bone. My husband had a chocolate dessert in a sundae glass and I had the creme caramel, one of my favorites. Wow! I encourage you to get it if you eat here. I think they use special vanilla from French Polynesia because I've never tasted vanilla like that which lingers on your tongue. The service was exceptional and friendly, too. Please try this restaurant when you are in Cairns. You might think you are in the south of France!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Judy G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cairns, Australia
“Beautiful French experience!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

C’est Bon is a sophisticated yet intimate French restaurant in the heart of the city. We had the $45 three course dinner, which is. On a Saturday evening, the place was buzzing. We hadn’t made a booking but the waiter kindly offered us drinks while we waited for a table to come available. Once seated we received a French appetizer, followed by warm bread and butter. For entrée I had a rich shredded duck on a bed of beautiful mashed potato. My main dish was fish (mahi mahi), absolutely beautiful with a hint of sweetness. My partner opted for the crispy skin pork, which was cooked to perfection! Dessert was a mouth-watering rich chocolate French moose and one of the best crème caramel I’ve ever had. From the moment you walk through the door, the staff and service is exceptional. Their knowledge of the food and wine on offer is excellent. For a special occasion or intimate French experience, I would highly recommend dining at C’est Bon!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Kirsty B
Kings Beach, Australia
“Amazing everything!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Checked trip advisor for where I would find the best creme caramel in cairns! Cest Bon offered a very reasonably priced 3 course meal (didn't need 3 courses) greed got in the way! Shredded duck was delicious and full of flavour! Fish of the day cooked perfectly and the cream caramel I came searching for was very large and absolutely amazing!

I will be eating here again on my next work trip and recommending to my colleagues! Thanks for the great service and amazing food.

1 Thank Rebecca P
Namur, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A piece of France in Cairns”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 3 month travelling in Australia.
When we came in Queensland, we stopped in Cairns for scubadiving (for me) and sunbathing (for her). After this great but exhausting day, we wanted a nice dinner.
We had already heard about C'est bon and decided to try.
What a perfect way to finish a perfect day. A lovely place with french flags and a small "Tour Eiffel" on the roof.
The service is really attentive and advise you as if you belong to the familly.
The food is just amazing, perfectly cooked and seasoned. Even the wines are good, and not just the french ones.
The desserts are delightfull to death.
All these thing with smile, attention and of course a nice french accent (all the employees except lovely Linna are french).

It was so a good time that we decided to come back for New Years Eve with Moulin Rouge's theme.
Everything was perfect: The menu was to die for, the decoration just perfect with thoses charming "can can" dancers. It was one of our best way to end a year.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Henri_Belg
“FOOD IS AMAZING!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Faultless. The food is to die for,
the staff first class. Everything was just perfect. The food was full of flavour. The portion sizes more than enough.

• Visited December 2013