“Not up to what I expected”

C'est Bon Restaurant Francais
Ranked #8 of 643 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional French restaurant in far North Queensland. Established in 2003, C'est Bon is Cairns locals' favorite spot for business lunch, birthday party, romantic dinner and many more. Nicolas the chef/owner and his team will welcome you with a bonjour and will take you to France for the time of your meal. Our fantastic Head Waiter Kevin will make sure your evening is faultless. The a la carte menu displays a sample of France's traditional dish for you to enjoy with why not, a bottle of wine from France, Australia or New Zealand...if you are not sure what to choose, Lina, our only Aussie of the team will be happy to help you choose what matches best your dish and your taste. The weekly changing 3 course set menu has to be the best value in town with complimentary and unlimited bread and butter with any meal, but don't eat too much of it as Chris, our Pastry Chef, will blow you away with his creations, simply executed, well presented and most importantly to die for. If your favorite French dish isn't on the menu, give us a call to organise it. Whether you are a foodie, a connoisseur or a first timer with us....talk to us to make sure your evening goes the way you expected it. Bon Appetit
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We took friends for a "special occasion dinner" and sadly C'est Bon did not live up to the hype for me. The surrounds are pleasant and the staff friendly and helpful, but I just seemed to choose the worst dishes on the night: snails, which one expects to be A1 in a French restaurant and the pork belly which was pretty ordinary. My dining companions seemed to fare much better with their choices. In summary - I wouldn't hurry back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent menu choice and an excellent value set lunch Mon-Fri with either a 2 course or 3 course mal option. If you miss the tatstes of France then you will not be dissapointed here. A visit to Cest Bon will certainly will get your taste buds working overtime!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I absolutel love it here, the food is amazing, the staff are fabulous and the pricing is affordable. I always feel very special at C'est Bon and am left always wanting to go back very soon. Thanks!

1  Thank LocalLass4870
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After a recent meal at C'est Bon with a large group of friends I was left feeling rather disappointed. I ordered the $45 set menu. Entree of scallops on puréed pumpkin - the scallops were luke warm and puréed pumpkin stone cold. For the main initially I had ordered the beef ribs but as there was only one serving of ribs left and three of us wanting ribs I opted to swap to the pork belly. The pork belly whilst the meat was a little dried out skin the was perfect served with a quarter of a cold poached pear (which I thought was odd) swimming in a red wine jus (it came out very hot and the jus had formed a skin on it by the time it was ready to eat) and a side of French lentils with carrot and bacon or pancetta mixed through - the lentils were cardboardy and what I thought were an odd accompaniment. For my dessert opera cake it was, small serving but very nice, the other desserts ordered were also lovely-creme caramel and chocolate mousse. When it came to ordering drinks my friend and I were keen to order a glass of wine each but on ordering we were promptly shutdown by the waitress who rudely said after I had asked for a glass of French red "oh really? there have just been 3 bottles of sparkling ordered for the table" despite us knowing this and wanting to order a glass of something other than sparkling. Throughout the night I had to stop my glass being refilled twice as staff took it upon themselves to refill wine glasses with out asking us patrons if we wished to be refilled. If anything the restaurant setting is lovely and quaint.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I’ve been looking forward to dining at C’Est bon for quite a while and last week friends and I finally went. The waiters are very attentive, the atmosphere is very good and I like the attention to detail (little nibbles while you look over the menu).

The menu itself isn’t very large but that’s ok. The prices are high and boarder on ‘a bit too high’ however the presentation of the meals and service could justify the extra dollars.

As starters: the snails lacked garlic and seasoning - the waitress was professional about the minor complain and the chefs agreed. The prawn was a little overcooked however the duck parfait and the beetroot and goats cheese was lovely.
The qual is spectacular and I would highly recommend it to anybody. My friends steak was perfectly cooked as well. Not so keen on the pork belly but my friend enjoyed it.
The deserts, I can recommend the orange soufflé and the three-crème caramels. We cancelled the cheese plater when we saw how small the servings are on the neighbours table – not really value for money.