“Great service. Great scenery. Great food”
Review of Barnacle Bill's

Barnacle Bill's
Ranked #30 of 635 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The menu is extensive. It was very hard for me to choose. I was informed that the jambalaya was extremely hot. Do beware. The do good seafood. My prawns where plenty and cooked lovely

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went here for dinner. Menu was a bit pricey for the small portions. Service was slow.. The food was very good, once it arrived. If you're not very hungry and you have the time, this place is OK.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had the Seafood Mornay which was simply delicious - packed with fish so fresh it could still have been swimming, in a sauce that melted in the mouth. I can"t remember enjoying food as much as I enjoyed this. Lush!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nicer restaurant in the esplanade but still a relaxed, casual atmosphere. We were able to walk in on a weekend night with no reservations and get a seat right away. Wait staff overall was friendly but not as attentive as we'd like. Service was slow and I remembered wanting my water refilled more times than it was.

Food was good. The kangaroo and crocodile skewers appetizer was small and the meat was on the dry side. Our entrees were better. The seafood risotto had well-cooked (though average seasoning) seafood and the risotto was cooked perfectly. The grilled lamb tenderloin was tender and perfectly cooked - the best lamb we've had during our multi-week trip in the country. Entrees were definitely the winner here over the appetizers.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went for dinner last night with a large group of people . Service was fantastic and did a great job for the whole night. Food was average to good for the whole group. The place was very busy all night but the service never faultered . Would come back again for sure